Joshua

Week One Closed Alpha - Feedback Survey

Hello survivors,

It's been a crazy week, with a huge influx of new players joining the community. The game has seen 5 patches already, which I hope you all liked.

I wanted to gauge everyone's thoughts on the first week, and get your feedback so I can prioritise the development of features accordingly.

Please take the time to write a quick reply to this thread, with the following format. Please be honest, and constructive. Try to avoid specifics about how a group of people play "e.g camping" and provide constructive feedback instead "e.g add x to balance camping here".

What don't you like?:
What do you like?:

What feature do you think should be #1 priority?:
What feature do you think should be #2 priority?:

If you could change anything, what would it be?:

Any Final Feedback / Comments / Suggestions:

I look forward to your responses.

- Joshua

• Like 5

Posted (edited)

first  XD

What don't you like?:

I don't like how when u die, you spawn far away and have to re loot ur gear, i think more players would like to re-gear from their global Invent when they die, But that's my opinion. 

What do you like?:

I love the idea of the game, how smooth pvp is, it has alot of potential. I think you do a great job!  

Groups, maybe a skill tree or something else players can farm towards other then pvp, this would make players want to play longer/ grind the game. 

More content, Guns/skins/missions, different robots? idk. just more stuff to do other then walking. 

adding global inventory when you die. so you can come back in with gear to pvp. 

I think you are doing great, everything is awesome and have not seen anyone complaining. 

However, Coming/ working for other games, I can say that You should do whatever the majority of the community wants. If you don't you may lose them like other games. I think you are doing an awesome job so far! Keep it up Josh.

much love

Edited by Axe Mango
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

What feature do you think should be #1 priority?: Adding a delay before meds are used instead of after. Instant healing is annoying.

What feature do you think should be #2 priority?: Adding a group system.

What don't you like?

1) Too much camping around Medical building in redsville. Meds need to be found more commonly in other areas.

2) Looting Ammo and Medical supplies are a chore. I have so many guns, little ammo or meds.

What do you like?:

Overall game play and map are very solid so far. Enjoying the game.

Edited by Dioxety
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

What don't you like?: That the Global inventory system doesn't automatically stack items that are stackable.
What do you like?: I really like the Global inventory system.

What feature do you think should be #1 priority?: Some type of grouping system.
What feature do you think should be #2 priority?: Fixing military base, so that i can find that sweet AK, or Sniper somewhere.

If you could change anything, what would it be?: The leveling system. I could easily farm and level up, but when im playing with friends PVP only seems to have a negative impact on leveling.

Any Final Feedback / Comments / Suggestions: Keep up the good work Joshua!

Posted (edited)

What don't you like?

• The inability to change the key to mute voip. Currently, when I am crouched and trying to look at map, I will disable voip when I don't intend to.
  • The accuracy of jump shooting. Not sure which direction you are trying to go with Xera as far as drop/recoil/spread, but that is just my opinion. You are trying to prevent bunny hopping by the depletion of water per jump. Making the shooting more inaccurate while jumping would also prevent more players from bunny hopping in the game.
  • I wish the items in the global inventory automatically stacked. It bothers me so much that my GI isn't a beautiful sight every time I go to it.
  • I don't like dying so much. So if you could either a) give me super duper hardened so I don't suck so much on stream or b) just give me godmode -- that would be great.
  • The inability to get over certain fences/walls. Being able to vault or jump over them would be great.

What do you like?

• The communication and interaction from the Xera team is fantastic.
  • This game brings so much nostalgia of previous games I have played, but also has its own identity that gives me a unique experience. 
  • Frequent patches and hot fixes for the betterment of the game.
  • Changes, additions, and removals based on community feedback while losing focus of your vision of the game.
  • Lack of crashing. Have many hours logged in this game for closed alpha and have yet to crash (knock on wood).
  • The game is so fluid and smooth. It just feels great to run around the world exploring, looting, and dying.
  • The Xera Police Department roleplay is hilarious. I hope they never stop.
  • Low populated server or high populated server; odds are, you're going to run into someone if you're looking for PvP. 

What feature do you think should be #1 priority?

Not a necessarily a feature, but staying true to your vision of the game. I really do appreciate the fact that you are very receptive of community feedback, but hope you keep true to your ideas of the game. The majority of the community has a history with other survival/looting/pvp games and want to take many mechanics and features from those and implement it to this game since they enjoyed those games before they ultimately died. I hope you pick and choose features that contribute to your own ideas and vision of the game and not derail it. 

Grouping. I've killed @Coco more times than I'd like to admit because sometimes I panic. :D

If you could change anything, what would it be?

I would love to see more players in the game. While the community is growing slowly and steadily, it would be awesome to see an influx of players during closed alpha. I think it would help with the Steam release as well. If we had a solid base of players during Steam release, it would be great for when new players join in. Of course, I can't see the future, but I don't think it would be a good first impression if players purchased Xera (during the Steam release) and there were only a handful of players in the servers with a few of them being middle/high pop. I don't know if that makes any sense, but that's the only thing I would change. Not sure what kind advertising or exposure is taking place, but that's what I would change.

Keep it up. Whenever someone new stumbles into my stream and asks about the game, I have nothing, but positive things to say. It feels really good to talk about game that I enjoy and can genuinely recommend people to play.

Edited by suyz
  • Upvote 1

What don't you like?: Player inventory overlays above the global inventory in safe zone, I can't access the left row of the global inventory, 20% of my loot is unusable. also community is pretty small, its a nice community but when you wanna pvp theres only 1 server poppin if there's one... the other ones are empty. Maybe some promo?
What do you like?: I like the feel of it, beeing able to have a global inventory is sweet

What feature do you think should be #1 priority?: More ammo spawns, or spawn ammo with guns and also more med spawns, atm its mostly in med in the middle of red.
What feature do you think should be #2 priority?: Add group feature with nametags and map location marker.

If you could change anything, what would it be?: Add loot at military. ATM it's just AIs, there's no incentive to go there like good gear or meds. Maybe it would be a nice place to pvp other than Reds.

Any Final Feedback / Comments / Suggestions: leveling process would be nice, like a skill tree of more crafting options, just some incentive to grind the game.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

What don't you like?: I dislike when people are camping and you just get punished for pushing them adding Shields would fix this problem I dislike the way the cross hair is too big should be customizable. The map one thing might be is in the main city redsville is making more builds exseable like office builds maybe decrease the size make it where 3 builds are tall and you can get on the roof of them and shoot each other 
What do you like?:I like the overall map size loot spawn rate is pretty good maybe make ar15 little stronger 💙

What feature do you think should be #1 priority?: guns adding some more guns, tweaking the guns we have and add shields so ppl can be more aggressive! 

What feature do you think should be#2 priority?: we should have things around the map that we can capture like road blocks and when you capture it you get a loot crate and you can get weapon and stuff

If you could change anything, what would it be?: thencross hair and probably the way the guns shoot how they feel 

Edited by EsPinolA

10 minutes ago, Joshua said:

What don't you like:

1: players more or less in the same spot when pvping  and farming for xp

2: not enoug robots :)   all over the map ( new bigger robots the curent ones are easy to farm )

3: its a small map for a open world survival game.

What do you like?

1: :) i like the game alot gives me the same old warz feeling when i started playing in the good old times ( sometimes :) )

2: i like you ( joshua ) want to hear the cummunitys opinions  (makes me happy)

3: Gi stashing ;) (not logging out to stash your stuff directly in gi)

4: not being abel to log in with gear :):):) you have to go to safe to get it

5: they way you respawn (not the too close from where you died gives solo player a chance also)

6: yeah the game :):):)

7: no f10 (xd)

maybe a small kind off grouping ( 3 players as max )

a kind of event system (on map and in the cummunity)

1: more robots all over the map

2: not enoug houses to go in to

3: miliatry loot should only be at miliatry places (maybe in some apartments)

4: maybe a robot kill leaderboard and a survived leaderboard

5: maybe a shop in safe too sell stuff for a ingame currency

10 minutes ago, Joshua said:

What don't you like?:
What do you like?: The basic concept of the game

What feature do you think should be #1 priority?: I think adding bigger world events would be perfect
What feature do you think should be #2 priority?: Teir's of weapons so that you get that really happy feeling when finding a rare version of a weapon or cases that have best teir of weapon inside.

If you could change anything, what would it be?: How the recoil system works. I feel recoil is to high for the type of game it is.

Posted (edited)

What don't you like?: 

• Loot, I think it should be way more plentiful, like i get that this is supposed to be a "survival" game but the only thing you need to survive is your food and water going low. If we're gonna be honest people play this game purely for PvP. You should find at least some type of gun in every building you go into, I don't care if it's a pistol, there should be a gun everywhere, especially since melees are rather useless. If upping loot isn't going to happen at least add some kind of PvP server without a GI so people can have some fun.
  • The recoil. It doesn't even really feel like recoil, it's just really quick bounces up and down. Something more gradual instead of quick bounces.
  • The lack of penalty for moving and shooting. I can't tell you how many times I've been demolished my some dude who wide peeks at the speed of Barry Allen and shits all over me while spraying.
  • The fact that you can't enter every building. In my opinion it's pointless to have these random warehouses around you can't enter.
  • Guns spawning without ammo in them is a huge tilter.

What do you like?:

• How well the game runs. This game is insanely optimized like honestly man hats off to you for doing something triple A studios can't do in their games.
  •  The movement. Everything from the way you run to jump(actually wish you could jump a bit higher but I understand why we don't) is done near perfectly.

• A group system
  • Skill tree

• More guns
  • Events around the map so PvP isn't centered around Redsville

If you could change anything, what would it be?: Really just loot, I find myself dying once in this game and quitting damn near instantly, it's not fun to have to go back to your GI after you die because you know you probably won't find a good enough gun on the way back to your loot to try and get revenge.

Any Final Feedback / Comments / Suggestions: Just focus on the PvP aspects as much as you can, like i said no one hops on and is like " Oh man can't wait to go PvE against some robots." Other than the things I've listed you're doing super well on taking criticism and adjusting your games to the players decisions. Keep it up. 

Edited by Gunluck
  • Like 1

there is only 3 things i would like to say

1)please do not implement a trade currency or lounge

2)grouping so we dont kill our teammates

3)and last but not least this game is amazing joshua and yoshi have been busting their asses to keep this game going with updates and fixes its amazing neither one of them have just fallen asleep for 3 days straight u 2 r doing a great job keep up the good works

p.s new guns more robots

sincerely yours

your biggest pest ;)

• Like 1

What don't you like?:

• Not being able to re-gear when you die from your GI.
  • Items not stacking in GI however,I do think not all items should stack.
  • Exploding/Jumpers robots should give more XP then normal robots. imo
  • Looting Ammo and Meds seem a little scarce maybe i'm just looking in the wrong places XD
  • No grouping system, ive died due to me hesitating to shoot because i need to check with friends IS THIS YOU!? dead XD

What do you like?:

• I love how well the games runs very impressive!
  • PVP is smooth however, recoil seems a little weird.
  • i like how frequent patches are.
  • The game is beautiful to look at.

• group system

• Items not stacking in GI

• Being able to re-gear when you die from your GI. 

Dont make it like newz ty

Pssst...when you make the custom for the (felmale)toons if possible can you make afro puffs for one plz

images (1).png

• Confused 1

What don't you like?: The Skill Rating system
What do you like?: The fresh feeling of loot being rare again after playing iss for many years

What feature do you think should be #1 priority?: Finding right balance on armors / weapons
What feature do you think should be #2 priority?: Rework of the skill rating system or switch it to reputation system so you could choose to be a bad guy or a good guy

If you could change anything, what would it be?: Switch Skill rating to Reputation

Any Final Feedback / Comments / Suggestions: This game is honestly amazing already in alpha state and cant wait what future brings us, Keep up the good work Josh!

What don't you like?: Small variety of loot, but I know this is just due to it being closed alpha. Die too quick even through meds. IMO armours need to have a bigger buff or gun damage needs to be reduced more, doing so will reward the people with better aim, rather than just trigger fingering the AR15 or spraying the G39. Require more control on spraying and aiming all together and also it'll make more room for outplay. Juking ect. 
What do you like?: The movement is nice, your visions are nice, what you have planned looks promising, I just wish you'd listen more to the people who are more pvp based and experienced about the pvp elements.

What feature do you think should be #1 priority?: Grouping/Combat logging/Loot variations. 
What feature do you think should be #2 priority?: Events.

If you could change anything, what would it be?: Armour increased quite a bit or gun damage reduced quite a bit.

Any Final Feedback / Comments / Suggestions: Love how dedicated you are and driven, well done sir.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gunluck said:

What don't you like?: 

• Loot, I think it should be way more plentiful, like i get that this is supposed to be a "survival" game but the only thing you need to survive is your food and water going low. If we're gonna be honest people play this game purely for PvP. You should find at least some type of gun in every building you go into, I don't care if it's a pistol, there should be a gun everywhere, especially since melees are rather useless. If upping loot isn't going to happen at least add some kind of PvP server without a GI so people can have some fun.
  • The recoil. It doesn't even really feel like recoil, it's just really quick bounces up and down. Something more gradual instead of quick bounces.
  • The lack of penalty for moving and shooting. I can't tell you how many times I've been demolished my some dude who wide peeks at the speed of Barry Allen and shits all over me while spraying.
  • The fact that you can't enter every building. In my opinion it's pointless to have these random warehouses around you can't enter.
  • Guns spawning without ammo in them is a huge tilter.

What do you like?:

• How well the game runs. This game is insanely optimized like honestly man hats off to you for doing something triple A studios can't do in their games.
  •  The movement. Everything from the way you run to jump(actually wish you could jump a bit higher but I understand why we don't) is done near perfectly.

• A group system
  • Skill tree

• More guns
  • Events around the map so PvP isn't centered around Redsville

If you could change anything, what would it be?: Really just loot, I find myself dying once in this game and quitting damn near instantly, it's not fun to have to go back to your GI after you die because you know you probably won't find a good enough gun on the way back to your loot to try and get revenge.

Any Final Feedback / Comments / Suggestions: Just focus on the PvP aspects as much as you can, like i said no one hops on and is like " Oh man can't wait to go PvE against some robots." Other than the things I've listed you're doing super well on taking criticism and adjusting your games to the players decisions. Keep it up. 

Definitely agree on everything Gunluck said, Nice work, man!

Posted (edited)

What don't you like?:

-g36 firerate to high, same ump. -There not enough robots all over the mapfor an apocaliptical scenario.

-General strenght aka ressistance of robots.
What do you like?:

-good atmosphere beides less robots.

-Group system/clan 

-Guns, scopes ,tools to kill robots.

-robots to Zombies haha

Any Final Feedback / C omments / Suggestions:

-it's the Start of the game keep it up. Dont add random crap keep things simple as they are now

Edited by Zombiehunter Bob

What don't you like?:

The looting system. I love spending hours looting but finding just beans and metal pipes doesn't cut it for me. I think melees should be reduced to maximum one per house (whereas you currently find 3 or 4 per house)

What do you like?:

The pvp feels clean and fresh and not very similar to other games. And I LOVE that there are rare weapons, please keep snipers extremely rare. 

100% a grouping system

Fixing looting spots, medical supplies can be hard to come by and it can get annoying. 

Making Antibiotics the more "common" medical supply. Think about it, probably everybody in the world probably has some sort of antibiotic in their house, why not make it a supper common spot in the bathrooms of houses? Same goes for first aid kits, they should also be a common spawn inside of houses. Make the medical supplies such as Medical stations, gauze and bandages be able to be looted from ambulances and hospitals. Antibiotics should not be hard to come across, same with first aids.

I love the constant patching, but I honestly think the game will die if it doesn't have a skill rating system. I'm one of those people who doesn't care about skill rating in the slightest but people want one, in the games current looting state people will not play the game if it isn't for pvp, and the # of kills currently just doesn't give people that will to stay alive in game. It doesn't have to be a complicated system like you had before. A simple +6/-6 system for killing players of similar skill, or if a greater skilled player kills a low skill player, they only gain/lose +3/-3. Lower skilled kills a higher skilled, gain/loss is +10/-10. 

I know the skill rating can bring a lot of toxicity to the game, but i've been playing in this type of community with these same people for YEARS, they want a rating system, and not just a # of kills.

Posted (edited)

Im a veteran survival and open world games :

What don't you like?: 

1.Dont have access to global inventory in Main Menu and spawn your gear
2.Robots not scary and I think you have to change if you want success. (Zombies,Monsters etc players likly bloodly content)think very well!there is still time...if you want not only the PVP to play the game
3.Weapon sounds very bad close and far. (Some problems on footsteps hear
4.Repeating design
5.Poor buildings  (Example : Hospital) & There are many repetitions
6.In game time is fast
7.Tons loot everywhere
8.No Barricade System
9.Weapons need PBR Textures and more weapons
10.No missions & Quests
11.No Grouping System

What do you like?:

1.If i see my body in FPS person
2.No Crashes
3.Loot Physics 
4.???

Edited by PaRa

What don't you like?:I dont like the sound when robots hit you, There could have brightness at the settings, because it is too dark when I use high resolutions and shadow.
What do you like?:Everything

If you could change anything, what would it be?:add a stuff that you can play without sounds, because when I play without sounds and ambient sounds, I still hear the robots and reload.

Posted (edited)

What don't you like?:People complaining to change the game just so thay can gain an advantage or up their pvp kills
What do you like?: Everything!!!! the game is so awsum!
What feature do you think should be #1 priority?: stability
What feature do you think should be #2 priority?: adding groups and clans
If you could change anything, what would it be?:  i would add something that took points away from people who shot somone who had absolutly nothing to defend themselves with!!!
Any Final Feedback / Comments / Suggestions:  Joshua you have built a great game one i really believe will be here a while please for the love of god tho dont listen too much to those who just want certain advantages over other players.... 

"Please"

Edited by GSDead
Sometimes poeple need an rpg up the wazooo to remind them its just a game and to have fun ;)
  • Like 1

What don't you like?:  1. The stacking system in global inventory could be better. I like things neat and easy to find. :) 

2. Some people from community trying to make this game like other survival games. Be creative and build something different.

What do you like?:   Everything, like the rain and the fact that its used for something. The  survival is hard but that's the point, I enjoy the challenge. The AI's are crazy but it makes it interesting ans on your toes. I like that its different ans has potential to be an awesome game. 

What feature do you think should be #1 priority?: connections, making sure that the game runs smoothly with no glitches. 

What feature do you think should be #2 priority?: Grouping because coming across someone is scary then to wonder if its your friends and by the time you ask if its them your dead. so yeah a grouping would be awesome. And crafting would be sweet :) And forest animals

If you could change anything, what would it be?: I like the survival part of the game not much of a PVP type person. I would love to have wolfs or bears in the forest like real world, there could be something anywhere. It keeps you always looking and surviving the whole map. no safe zone unless you in a safe zone. But also have more meds spawn points like everywhere on the map. or the creatures dropping like AI's. Just an idea :) And make the animals easier to kill and get less exp but its the challenge of never being alone.

Any Final Feedback / Comments / Suggestions: A referral system would be nice, :) but not necessary. Dont listen to all advice, take what you need and disregard what is like other games. Make it your own like it started out and keep it that way. Suggestions are fun that give new ideas, but I read a lot of the suggestions and people are trying to make it like other games. And its just frustrating, because I came here for change the challenge and to have fun with what this game is and has become. Keep up the great work.

Posted (edited)

What don’t you like?

• Can’t push people without getting fucked

• Lack of objectives

• People only pvp in Red (We need some more stuff so pvp spreads out)

• Number of servers (Since the player base is so small, we think you should lower the server #)

• The looting system (It gets real hard to pick stuff up)

• Lose level when dying but don't get level for kills

What do you like?

• You Josh

• The concept of the game and how smooth it is

• Healing items

• Level up to get more storage (Not p2w xDDD) (However I think you should up the storage a bit)

• How fast you fix bugs

What feature do you think should be #1 priority?

• Shields

What feature do you think should be #2 priority?

• Objectives / more content to spread out pvp and have more chances for people to get other kinds of loot

If you could change anything, what would it be?

• Have robots do other stuff (Like the blowing up mechanic) but lower the movement speed of them (At least some of them)

• INCREASE SPAWN OF SNIPER RIFLE

Any Final Feedback / Comment / Suggestions

• So far we are all loving the game (There is about 7 of us). However we honestly think you die to fast. We would like to see shields in the game so there's an option to push people when they are camping. In our opinion which is backed with a lot of experience, shields will fix this issue.

Edited by Ahntics

What don't you like?:

Game feels a little plain as it is right now.  Dont get me wrong it is very fun, but I feel like ive already done everything there is to do and I only have like ten hours on the game.  For full release I feel like the game needs about 7-10 more guns, more armor, and all the buildings need to be accessible.  Im sure you have most of this planned :).

What do you like?:

I love the survival feel, how the robots actually pose a threat to you, and how i feel like the pvp isnt as rushed as it is in other games.

What feature do you think should be #1 priority?: the map.  I know everyone else said "grouping" and I think that is a big problem, but the map feels very plain to me and I would love to see a large exciting map get released soon.  (as long as it is complete)

What feature do you think should be #2 priority?: Grouping and item spawns.  (making sure items are spawning at the right places and with the right rarity. 

If you could change anything, what would it be?:  I absolutely love when the airstrike comes in and messes things up.  I would love to see more of these type of things in this game, like random airstrikes at random parts of the map.  Roaming hordes of robots would also be cool, also like maybe a sudden downpour and you cant see very far in front of you.  Just some cool ideas :)

Any Final Feedback / Comments / Suggestions: Keep it up Josh.  You the man! ;)

Posted (edited)

What don't you like?:

1.I think there should be GI Access after you died so you can just dive Right back in a fight even if the Town is full of People.

2.Some fences are to high, it should be possible to jump over them so the map feels more open.

3.Robots should be unable to attack the Player while beeing attacked so you can melee one(!) without much Damage.  I know some People might think different about it but this game is advertised as a PvP focused game and Robot strength should adjust to that.

4. Airstrikes are too strong, you should either have more time between the sirens and the Airstrike ore should take less Damage.

5. The Health regeneraton is fine Right now but if the Zombies should get "nerved" as suggested in 3 the Regeneration should go down aswell. Otherwise PvE would be to easy.

6. The silencer dosent feel to usefull Right now, I think it should surpress the Sound stronger (even though ist unrealistic) but make the Damage fall of alot with range (if the silencer is on the gun) so you can't kill People on a range that they can not hear you from.

7. Nightvision should be less common. 

8. You should not be mooved when switching Servers while in a savezone.

What do you like?:

1.The game is verry smooth and well optimized, I can Play it with almost no Trouble even though i do not have the 6gb of ram that are suggested.

2.The loot feels generally well balanced

What feature do you think should be #1 priority?: Balancing the game(not much to do) and bringing in new Players (free codes to stremers/youtubers, free Trials)

What feature do you think should be #2 priority?: Bringing new Things in the game like guns, more crafting, cars ore a skilltree

If you could change anything, what would it be?: !!JUST PLEASE KEEP SNIPERS VERRY RARE!!

Any Final Feedback / Comments / Suggestions: I have the feeling that this game can get realy great if we manage to make it grow. Thank you for working so close with the community.

Edited by Ljonka