This game should have a monetary system working like this:

- Players can only gain money by selling weapons to NPC in safezones

- Player can trade money for items with other players or NPCs

- A.I could have a stackable body part item dropping on death (it could be the head) that could be traded to vendors for money. Robots are made of metals and their components are valuable.

Why the head? It has the most valuable components for vendors : robotics eyes, brain CPU, high quality metals... 

Edited by Fredol
  • Like 3

there aint no money needed to get an economy as players will find something they will use instead

you could aswell implement a currency that allows you to trade with bots but i would rather trade with players and let the Community make the prices

having an item that's labeled as currency does nothing for me.  The rare items are the currency, and adding items for sale at an 'npc' kinda ruins the value of stuff.  I like that heavy vest are rare, you need to find your stuff, if you can just purchase ammo etc... kinda defeats the point of looting.  

On 6/27/2018 at 12:11 AM, justin said:

having an item that's labeled as currency does nothing for me.  The rare items are the currency, and adding items for sale at an 'npc' kinda ruins the value of stuff.  I like that heavy vest are rare, you need to find your stuff, if you can just purchase ammo etc... kinda defeats the point of looting.  

You just have to implement currency so that everything is pretty expensive and selected items that are considered rare aren't purchasable.
Just basic items like ammo / low-mid tier medics and so on can be bought to a high price.

I guess it would be nice if ypu could sell EVERY item to a NPC. Because then even the useless items give you something. And if you farm/sell enough useless items you could still be able to buy something better with the "coins" you got from selling items.

On 7/1/2018 at 11:57 AM, Joshua said:

好主意:)

I think that in the environment of doomsday, bullets should be equivalent to money.

For details, please refer to: Metro series games.

Players can use bullets in the safe zone for exchange, such as rifle bullets can be used to exchange sniper bullets, the same sniper bullets can also be used to exchange rifle bullets, but only a proportional problem, such as: three pistol bullets can be exchanged for one submachine bullet, two submachine bullets can be exchanged for one. Rifle ammunition, or can be used to exchange a shotgun bullet, two bullets can exchange a sniper bullet.

Bullets can also be used to exchange food and water, as well as all necessary survival items.