Joshua

Grouping System - Tags Over Head

Group System Poll  

69 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Should there be tags/indicators over group members heads?

• Yes, there should be tags over members heads
    • No, there should not be tags above members heads

Hello survivors,

There has been much discussion relating to the grouping system. One of the most important things relating to the group system is the tag / no tag discussion.

The first version of the group system has went live last patch, to test forming of groups etc - it is now time to think about what you want the group system to evolve into. The way the group system is implemented will impact the future of the game, so choose carefully.

Please vote on what you feel will be best for the game.

Feel free to discuss about the subject of tags / no tags in this thread, and tell us why you made your choice.

Cheers

Joshua

• Like 1

Great work on the game so far! Can't wait to see where this goes. :'D

• Like 1

maybe an equal system of cs:go ... where the enemy is visible through the walls after killing him with a neon around his body ... but now would be in the members of his group

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

the grouping system was a good idea with the colors and stuff but I think with tags its getting more out of the hardcore survival aspect. I think its great already tbh. should be a max of like 4 people groups too, because if you have like 6+ players with tags its going to be like ISS Thailand lol and everyone who has played knows that's aids. Keep up the great work though josh

Edited by Kbk4
  • Like 2

I hope will be a tag over the head of mates

Btw, Really good job for everything josh

• Like 1

I think the grouping is fine. But for the community, tags would probably be better, more than likely it will help with the growth of the game because people like to "know where there teammates are" I just ask that the max group stays 4. 

• Like 4

Just now, Heart said:

I think the grouping is fine. But for the community, tags would probably be better, more than likely it will help with the growth of the game because people like to "know where there teammates are" I just ask that the max group stays 4. 

I for sure agree no bigger than 4 people groups. 

• Like 1

Heart said everything 👌

• Like 1

I think what's important to remember here is that there will be a competitive mode in the future. So while I did vote to have tags above heads, I'm not sure this should stay permanent once competitive drops for sake of separating survival and PVP. At the end of the day there needs to be a tag system, but only until competitive mode releases. Then the focus of survival should be moved towards leveling up ( and discussions about rewards and ranking up can be discussed at a later date ), but it's a great momentary fix. Hope my input helps a bit! 

• Like 2

I voted yes, and also are we able to see group members health? :D

• Like 1

Thanks for letting us vote Josh. 

Cheers

-Hoozy

Posted (edited)

One of the ideas in this game is to be different from other games in the way it is structured. The arm bands or maybe a halo glow effect on grouped people works for me. Yeah tags above the head is what we are used to but this is a new game and thus new ideas are what will make it great. Same stuff over and over just gets boring.

I have seen this type of thing completely change the original design from what the creator envisioned. This is your game Josh, do it the way you envisioned it. If you go with what everyone wants because it is the norm then it will not become the great game that was different in concept from others. I understand giving the users some leeway in requesting somethings but you have stated this was one thing you wanted to do different from other games so go with that idea. Personally I think a different type group 'tag' will just make the game more interesting to play as it will make you have to be a bit more diligent in watching what your shooting at.

Edited by BulletStopper

you wanted this game to be different so go with it there has to be options out there for grouping, perhaps an outline of group members like the loot is done only in a different color, my vote was a no stick to your wanting this game to be original.  

Posted (edited)

hello guys & girls,

i think you can find better than arrow above the head, thats why i voted no, but maybe we can "test" it for now to see how people react?

i personnally think arm band is a better idea, maybe we should have more different clothes (detune the colors of the one that already exist?) so its clearly/obviously different?

Also what about arrow above the head but not constant? you have to press  a key to show your teamates?

At this point, i think we could try it but im a bit scared of it to be honest or more accurate scared of the use people can do with it.

Some people will overgroup and stuff but also it give a better chance to average/casual player to enjoy. Its a kind of QOL thing, even for good players.

Also i would say arrow can push people to group together even with unknown, atm grouping is pretty much just for friends with third party vocal sofware.

So thats a no on long term (?) but yes i think at this point we should try it :ph34r:

Edited by Sylence

I told you keep your game simple!

If you gotta hop around just to tell someone its your teammate is a waste of time and frustration comes with that.

Marker over the head.

Its the future, so why not?

Arrow plus number of that teammate , better would even be the name

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

with the tag over the head it just goes over to be like every other game with group tags ... i think you should make your own group system. i like the idea off  bans maybe just make them more color full and alot of them in difrent collors ( on arms,legs and on balaclava )

Edited by martinjensendk

I'll have to agree with Heart on this one, Adding tags to the grouping system will help newer players learn and bring their friends. I know some people in this day and age still dont have things like discord to chat on and still use in game mics. So the tags will help them meet up with eachother if they cant physically explain where the other is. Or to counter this maybe a group tag on the map instead of over the head.  

Yes, there must be tags. I gave this idea in a video of a game that closed, the idea will help beginners and ourselves,

There shouldn't ever be markers. It will be hella boring. No communication anymore, just people camping in places waiting to see a non marker pass by and insta shoot it like crazy. You want fun, you want communication. not some silly marker that ruins everything

Posted (edited)

Yes for TAGs

TAGS ARE REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIKE THE NOVATES WILL BE LOCATED IN THE GAME

Edited by T VIRUS

Its a shame to see so many ppl wanting a tag over their head. I do really hope josh doesnt follow what the majority wants. We tried it with several games. And all the games got ruined by big groups running around destroying everyone that is playing with less ppl. Its been proven time after time. Be better than the rest josh  and go your own way. If ur worried that the majority wants groups let me tell u. They will still play and adjust to not having markers. You cant bring back the ppl that will leave because of groups ruining a game. But u can get the ppl needing groups to adjust to not having a marker above like it was a cod game ^^

Just remember, not everyone is going to be happy with everything and not everyone is going to be upset with everything.  There is always trial and error and at the end, we've always said we want this to be a community driven game and your feedback is important.  At the end of the day, if Joshua was to go against the communities wishes and atleast not try it, it would go against what we stand for.  Maybe it will be a bad idea, maybe not.  With this being in early Alpha still, things can always be changed back if it doesn't work.

• Like 1

personally i am against tags above peoples heads. its 2018 every1 should have a mic already. and whenever you are grouping up with people, 99% of the time you do it with friends. thus you are already communicating with them.  so its not that hard to tell them where you are and if you communicate good enough you dont have to jump to let them know its you... i guess you could turn on tags on the map, just so you have a quick overview of where every1 is.

then again, there is a max group limit of 4. So its very unlikely you are gonna get zerged by the famous thai clans ;) ( even tho they gave you alot of free kills :D )

for that to have the option of group if you can not know where is each one, if it were a solo game was different, but this game is based and to form groups and clan, so it is important teg yes 

Posted (edited)

For the sake of how much @Joshua has been listening to the community, I wanna vent out a few thoughts on the area of "tags-or-no-tags"

- Survival or PvP?
This is one of the major questions towards where the game is heading. Is it a survival or a straight up PvP game? We all know that it has some survival aspects to it, and history of Survival-with-PVP has shown that majority of the players will shoot-on-sight. This whole "hey-stranger-wanna-be-best-fwiends?" idea low key worked in kindergarten, but not in the wide-web 'o gaming. To sum it up; Player versus Player is definitely going to be a huge factor.

- Encourage PvP or not?
Should the game itself encourage PvP or "force" players to co-operate by surviving? The entire experience when joining your first server for the first time would suggest so based on the surroundings, but the loot you find scavenged around might suggest otherwise. Glocks, AR-15, G36, UMP etc... None of which belongs in hunting. These are straight up millitary war weapons which encourages any player to "kill kill kill!"

- Tags or no Tags?
My personal, humble opinion on the matter, and this Joshua knows; No tags. That's my first initial thought. However, I'm always 100% open for suggestions to change my mind on the subject. My initial thought and response on it is based of the-game-which-we-do-not-speak-of *cough*WarZ*cough!* which gave a bad after-taste in the mouth when it comes to tags over heads. But this doesn't mean there's no room for improvements or implement certain drawbacks to make it less overpowered. So by all means, I might just be surprised in a positive way. I talked about this in one of Joshua's streams, and he comforted my fragile little eSoul that there would be servers both with and without tags. On hindsight, this might look something like "Servers without Tags: 2/50" and "Servers with tags: 51/50". People will lean towards the easier option.

- Final Thoughts
I'm just afraid that tags will make it too darn easy for campers and scummies to ruin the experience for everybody else. To the point where "you either join 'em or drop the game for good". Then again, I shouldn't base myself completely on "the-game-which-we-do-not-speak-of". I have 100% faith in Joshua's judgement and I am 100% for trial and error. This is, after all, a playground.

// ChrisMarioTV

Edited by ChrisMarioTV