IcedYoshi

October Newsletter

Hello Survivors, 

It's time for another community update as we have been busy getting ready for some exciting news and wanted to give everyone an update on some of our upcoming plans!

Over the past month, there have been a lot of things happening behind the scenes, including the map expansion, new points of interest, and some other exciting things that have been in the works.

We have made a ton of progress, and as we near the next phase of testing and development, we are happy to share some of those plans with you. 

Spotted Kiwi Interactive – New Team Member
A very warm welcome to Tim who has joined the Spotted Kiwi Interactive team. Tim has filled a very important spot on the team and will assist with getting us through to early access and beyond. 

A few words from Tim:
“Hi everyone, I’m Tim (@infamy8481 on Discord, Infamy in the Forums) and I’m excited to join the Spotted Kiwi team to help out with biz dev and marketing. I’m also investing enough in the company to make sure we get to Early Access in good shape. I’ve been working in video games since 1989… Yes, that old. Formerly of Activision, but don’t hold that against me 😉 Looking forward to getting this bird off the runway early next year!”

State of Development
Development is going well, we are getting a lot of new features ready to be implemented into the game. We are working with various artists and animators to implement different movement modes, such as prone. We are also working on creating more dynamic elements in the game, such as opening trunks of cars to search for supplies and more. We are also working on implementing new guns, the FN Scar will be ready in the next patch. There are still some tweaks needing to be done to the animations for the shotguns, so these may not be ready for the upcoming patch. There will be a new way to travel between safe settlements which we hope to improve based off player feedback – this will be in the next patch.

Map Extension
The map extension is going well, we are working through the implementation of new points of interest and making changes to existing ones to keep the map fresh. The map extension came out much larger than we originally thought – so it is taking a little longer to fill with foliage and other environment details. We plan to release the new map areas in stages, rather than just having empty space. We have been working on some new building types, such as a church and post office – to help break up some of the repetitive building designs we have in the game already. 

Invitational Open Alpha Phase
We are pleased to announce that we will be taking the game into an “Open Alpha” phase very soon. This will open the game up to a whole new audience – and you’ll be able to invite your friends to come play alongside you. This will assist with growing the community leading up to early access and push the servers a little harder to help prep for Early Access. More details will be announced shortly.

As always, we invite and appreciate all feedback from you the community. We also want to thank everyone for your support as this project would not be possible without the support from all of the backers and we hope you will enjoy what is to come. 

Regards, 
Spotted Kiwi Interactive

• Like 2

Nice cant wait for future updates, so far sounds like you guys have everything in order and in plan. Open Alpha sounds like fun! Also Scar in the next update too? Im guessing a server wipe is coming as well right?

• Like 2

Just now, Ryuujisan said:

Nice cant wait for future updates, so far sounds like you guys have everything in order and in plan. Open Alpha sounds like fun! Also Scar in the next update too? Im guessing a server wipe is coming as well right? 

We're still working through all the details with the wipe. We're thinking of having two databases, so alpha weekends are on a fresh database and then it goes back to "closed alpha" database for backers to keep playing during the week.

• Like 2

Did not know you could do that, interesting... welp either way im looking forward to the upcoming patch!

• Like 1

Excited to be part of the team and help get everything off the ground... XERA: Survival is the most interesting project I've had the opportunity to be involved with for a long time, and I hope I can play my part in making it a success. And have my @ss handed to me on a plate when I'm in game. Again.

• Like 2

SUPER excited to see this game emerge into the light. So far im loving everything about this game and having a blast doing so!!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Infamy said:

Excited to be part of the team and help get everything off the ground... XERA: Survival is the most interesting project I've had the opportunity to be involved with for a long time, and I hope I can play my part in making it a success. And have my @ss handed to me on a plate when I'm in game. Again.

You won't be the only one getting your @ss handed to you :)  They crushed me last time around.

• Like 1

Really looking forward to play XERA again, remember testing it few months ago and it was so good :)

• Like 2

Being really cautious about spending money on Alpha games, since the group I usually play these games with have been ripped off by empty promises in the past mainly by the WarZ(and spinoff) devs, but this game looks promising.  

1 hour ago, Raymolfin said:

Being really cautious about spending money on Alpha games, since the group I usually play these games with have been ripped off by empty promises in the past mainly by the WarZ(and spinoff) devs, but this game looks promising.  

I don't blame you at all.  I've run into the same type of thing in the past.  Be sure to keep up to date on how things progress!  We are excited for the next patch and hope everyone here is as well.  If you have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out and hopefully when the game is in a state that matches what you are looking for, we would love to see you!

• Like 1