Infamy

Announcing the Invitational Open Alpha - Join, Invite, Enjoy!

Hi Survivors,

Good news! Fresh meat!

Starting on December 7th, we’re going to launch a series of XERA: Survival weekend sessions across all regions to ramp up our server stress testing, and to get a wider variety of PC rigs putting our code through its paces.

To find out the time these sessions start, click the map below, or here to see the start time in your current locale.

Timings Map

Additionally, we will be backing up existing players’ data before each weekend starts, then resetting the database so every player starts the Invitational Open Alpha weekend session with no advantage. At the end of the play session, we’ll be restoring your data, so you can continue playing as before until the following week when the process will be repeated.

Where will the fresh meat come from? Well this is where you come in…

If you’d like to get some mates playing the game with you, then please invite them!

Please note, if you are already a Backer and have access to the Alpha, you will automatically have access to the Invitational Open Alpha.

To make it easy for you, there’s a Bot that will generate the invitation for you - Go the to the XERA: Survival Discord server, inside the #invitations channel and type !invite. The Bot will then DM you the message for you to simply cut and paste into a direct message via your favored method (Discord, Twitter, FB, email, however you like!)

The link in the message includes your Discord username to give you credit for inviting people - we’ll be rewarding the most active recruiters! Feel free to customise the message of course with your own additions.

We have a limited number of Invitational Open Alpha keys available, so please invite only your friends you feel will enjoy trying the game out. 

You’ll probably have a few questions about the Invitational Open Alpha, so we’ve tried to anticipate a few of these below in our FAQ. But if your question is unanswered here, feel free to ping it back to the team either in the Forums or Discord channel, or directly to [email protected] or hit me up on Discord: Infamy#8481.

Invitational Open Alpha FAQ

Do my friends have to pay to participate in the Invitational Open Alpha?
No, participation in the Invitational Open Alpha is free provided they are allocated a key. In the event we run out of keys and cannot obtain more, then the only way to participate will be via pre-order, but we (currently) have plenty of keys for the Invitational Open Alpha.

I'm already a backer, do I need to sign-up for the Invitational Open Alpha?
No  you will automatically have access to the Alpha please do not sign-up again for the Invitational Open Alpha.

I am a member of the XERA: Survival community but I’ve not yet pre-ordered or played the game – can I participate in the Invitational Open Alpha?
You sure can. Just head to the Invitational Open Alpha registration page and signup.

Hang on – I’m a Backer and now people are getting to play for free?!
The keys being used for the Invitational Open Alpha are for that purpose only and will not work once the game enters Early Access. We may make a decision to allow these keys to be used in an Open Beta prior to Early Access release, but this is not yet decided.

Are there any limits on the number of people I can invite?
In practice, no, but please don’t invite large numbers or spam groups with invitations. We will monitor invitations and reserve the right not to allocate keys if we feel the invitations have been abused. Please only invite your friends who you think will enjoy the game and have the time to play it on the Invitational Open Alpha weekends.

How are you going to allocate the keys if there are only a limited number?
Just before the Invitational Open Alpha weekends, we will allocate keys and email them out. In the event we run out, we’ll order by the date of sign-up. If we get additional keys further down the line, we will also try to backfill if people missed out.

Will these keys work for future pre-release testing?
Very possibly – this decision has not yet been made.

Can I stream / take video / screenshots / make GIFs?
Yes! Please send us the links so we can give back to you folks for the support you’re showing us! If you are a regular content creator, be sure to check out our creator program.

Will these Invitational Open Alpha keys work once the game goes into Early Access?
They will not, no – that would not be fair on the Backers who have pre-ordered the game. We hope if you folks like it, you’ll want to join the pre-order program too. There will be other benefits for Alpha participants to be revealed further down the line, but these will not be discounts on the pre-order price.

Cheers!

Tim

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Looking forward to seeing you all this weekend! Any questions feel free to ask here or in Discord.

- Joshua

• Like 1