Joshua

Private Server Configurations Feedback

Posted (edited)
On 6/2/2019 at 12:08 AM, Kreldin Foxcaw said:

I'm surprised nobody has brought this up. While the idea of renting out private servers yourselves is a good one, having that be the only option for a private server is troubling. Having just bought the game,  then being forced to choose between playing on public servers and having to deal with PvP (which my friend group tends to avoid), or paying more money to limit the game to just my friends isn't a good choice to have to make. 

What do you expect? Joshua to pay for a private server for every player out of his own pocket? Game sales cover the cost of the public servers, they wont cover the cost of everyone getting a free private server.

The lack of ability to run our own private server, which a couple of us have rigs we keep specifically for the purpose of, is a serious detriment to our interest in what looks to be a very fun game. People don't tend to rent private servers just because they want to play the game privately, but because they want a better server than they themselves can provide, or don't want to deal with the legwork of server setup. 

Running your own private server is a risk to the game as a whole, it could allow people to modify the server to get whatever loot they want and access the GI. 

Considering the game isn't free to begin with, forcing people to rent YOUR servers if they want to play privately feels like little more giving people a 'pick the lesser of two evils' choice. Offering private servers as a service is a fantastic idea, and I fully support it. Making it the only option for private play is cash-grabby and underhanded.

Servers need paying for by someone. As I explained on point one, do you understand the cost of servers? here,

822JCy8.png

Someone has to pay those costs.

Edited by tagKnife
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, jayrodathome said:

There are ATVs. I know where two are. One is at bunker and the other is down in the farming area I'm front of a house. 

Farming area ? Where bro ?

On 5/24/2019 at 3:28 PM, Blecalt said:

Uma coisa que eu gostava em outros games, era poder sair em servidor privado pegar os itens e poder levar esses itens para servidores oficiais...pois procurar itens com outros jogadores em volta é bem mais difícil.

This is p2w, ppl who can pay a private server can have more guns than one guy who cannot rent one

I like the idea, I can rent a private server and put my own rules and config, making more PVP or less PVP, I like the idea, keep going on this! u have my support,