Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
tagKnife

More primary weapon Ideas

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Mostly, I haven't seen many varieties in weapons, Mostly AR-15, Ump and MP5. Ignoring pistols. Here are some ideas for more diverse weapons

  1. Colt M4 carbine
    1. Ammo: 5.56 Nato
    2. Mag: 30
    3. Firerate: 770rpm
    4. Weight: 2.9KG
  2. SCAR-L (MK16)
    1. Ammo: 5.56 Nato
    2. Mag 30
    3. Firerate: 600rpm
    4. Weight: 3.3kg
  3. SCAR-H (MK17)
    1. Ammo: 7.62 Nato
    2. Mag: 20
    3. Firerate: 600rpm
    4. Weight: 3.7kg
  4. KRISS Vector
    1. Ammo: .45 ACP
    2. Mag: 25
    3. Firerate: 1200rpm
    4. Weight: 2.7kg
  5. Remington ACR
    1. Ammo: 5.56 Nato
    2. Mag: 30
    3. Firerate: 700rpm
    4. Weight: 3.4kg
  6. Bushmaster ACR
    1. Ammo: .300 Blackout
    2. Mag: 30
    3. Firerate: 650rpm
    4. Weight: 3.8kg

Update weapon:

  1. Honey Badger
    1. Ammo: .300 Blackout Currently uses 5.56 which is wrong ammo for this gun.

Attachments:

Add various grips.

Edited by tagKnife
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have a Scar-L and a Scar-H in game currently.

I know a .50 cal sniper is in the works, as well as another assault rifle of some sort.

As well as more attachments, or at least different scopes. I would love to see like a 4x on the snipers instead of what we have now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@tagKnife There already is a Scar H, and Scar L lol..... and Josh has more guns/ stuff in the works. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm all for more guns but I also dont want to see it go crazy. Do we really need 5-6 smg's, 10 assault rifles? You risk thinning the loot pool down a lot, and with EA release, the overal loot in the game will be dropped drastically.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, MikeIsRaw said:

I'm all for more guns but I also dont want to see it go crazy. Do we really need 5-6 smg's, 10 assault rifles? You risk thinning the loot pool down a lot, and with EA release, the overal loot in the game will be dropped drastically.

Different guns have different uses, and different model of weapons have different uses. For example, A vector is useless for anything but clearing out a building, at any longer ranges but a street corner the spread is and velocity is crap. Even if you did bit something, the .45 would have hardly any energy left to do damage.
A thin loot pool is not a problem,  that's why rarity exists. The SCAR-H is much better then the SCAR-L and so should be rarer.

The Remington ACR is designed for Urban combat, while the Bushmaster ACR is designed for MID-Long range combat.

Without variety, the game will be bland with everyone playing with the same weapons.

Edited by tagKnife

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont mind an expanded loot pool, to some degree. 

For instance, your take on the vector...we have two SMG's now that have the same basic purpose of the vector..no issue with adding another smg but what exactly would be the point. 

Same with the other guns we currently have. Scar-L is good, the Scar-H hits harder but is much more rare but we are talking a few points of damage. A well skilled player with a Scar-L is more dangerous than a decent player with a Scar-H. Also, the AK takes same bullets as a Scar-H but the AK is a much better gun so why bother with the Scar-H. 

The Scar-L, G36e and HoneyBadger all take the same ammo type and with the ability to either full auto or semi-auto you can use all 3 very effectively at long or short range. Give me a G36e at distance or 5 feet away over ANY smg close range and ANY rifle at long range because then it just comes down to hitting shots. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, MikeIsRaw said:

For instance, your take on the vector...we have two SMG's now that have the same basic purpose of the vector..no issue with adding another smg but what exactly would be the point.  

The vector has a huge firerate, you can dump mag someone in under a second with the vector, MP5 and UMP are much slower, even half the rate of fire to the vector. But then thats the downside, the vector has a smaller mag, while pumping 25 rounds into someone in under a second, it has terrible spread and you will run out of ammo faster, where the UMP and MP5 dont have as much spread or recoil and are better at slightly longer ranges.
So, if i peak around a corner with a vector and you have a UMP, my rate of fire would kill faster, but put range between us and the UMP/MP5 will beat the vector.

 

49 minutes ago, MikeIsRaw said:

Same with the other guns we currently have. Scar-L is good, the Scar-H hits harder but is much more rare but we are talking a few points of damage. A well skilled player with a Scar-L is more dangerous than a decent player with a Scar-H. Also, the AK takes same bullets as a Scar-H but the AK is a much better gun so why bother with the Scar-H.  

SCAR can have top rail, under rail and barrel attachments, AK cant have any attachments. So if you are good at using iron sights over long ranges sure use the AK.

49 minutes ago, MikeIsRaw said:

The Scar-L, G36e and HoneyBadger all take the same ammo type and with the ability to either full auto or semi-auto you can use all 3 very effectively at long or short range. Give me a G36e at distance or 5 feet away over ANY smg close range and ANY rifle at long range because then it just comes down to hitting shots.  

7

HoneyBadger should actually fire the .300 blackout rounds and the built in siliencer is a benifit if you dont have one to put on the scar or g36. Also the G36 has a shorter barrel then the scar so muzzle velocity should be slower and less damage. Its also light, so recoil should higher then the heavier Scar. Scar is also very acturate to long ranges, (800-1000 yards) g36 is not.

Edited by tagKnife

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×