Building the bases would be the best, we already had this experience on Just Survive, and the fun was the maximum. Day and night to defend the base and make raids. At the moment there is no survive that has replaced Just, Xera is very similar, thousands of players are waiting for a Just Survive game. Think about it, it would be very nice.

Excuse my English

• Sad 1

The bases are a big problem with all the games. Lag, drop fps and others.. The game with bases have already emerged and it always ended the same way.

Lots of us have asked for this and Josh is open to the idea in the future, maybe if we keep asking we will get it.

Posted (edited)

I Personally dont like Base Building, Barricades are enough.

Edited by Azrael
  • Like 1

Yes, We need shields to play. I really hope it's going to be added in the game. This is essential in a survival pvp game, because it's impossible to loot "a bag" if player camp the spot. (Like dayZ 🤮 )

it may split the players, but, assuming the community will be big enough:

what about one or several servers with shields and the others without shields? (for testing and having some datas about it)

At the moment only Rust is having great success just for the raids on the bases, besides the pvp. It is too good to defend and attack the bases, the pvp is nice but after a while it loses interest.

If you want to build go play rust or Minecraft....barricades would be nice ,though they should not be indestructible... 

Building is pretty pointless seeing as their is a GI.  And the whole point of a base is to stash loot no?

Posted (edited)

This game isn't meant for that. It really wouldn't work. You guys really need to choose what the game wants to be before you give it an identity crisis. 

This would work if there are drastically different server variants like an actual pvpve building survival server for gamemodes like rust or miscreated. The problem with that idea is that the player population for this game isn't high enough to support a building/survival server, pvp 3rd person server, pvp first person server, RP server etc. You'd have 1-2 populated servers and a list of empty ones. 

Shields and bases would be a mess and the map isn't big enough (imo) to host such a thing. In miscreated, the map feels about the same in size as this one and they have a max of 30-50 players in their servers and you can only a base 100m or so away from another base. So in miscreated you run out of real estate on the map because the map is surrounded in perimeter of player owned bases where you can no longer build one because there isn't any land left. Not to mention the Global Inventory is majority of what a base is for. So I think a base would go against the spirit of the game. 

Barricades ........Might.............Be okay. But that is a tough decision too. Because if someone is doing a compound event. You can just barricade up one of the entrances to the compound. It doesn't sound very fun. Some more thought would have to go into this. 

Edited by HaeL

Building causes massive lag problems in servers.

The only two solutions are wipes and really heavy decay.

I'm fine with some temporary shields you can put up.

No building please.  I don't want the lag.

DO NOT ADD BASE BUILDING.

• Upvote 1

I disagree with base building. That is not what the spirit of the game is (imo), plus whats the real benefit of it? Store loot closer to PvP zones? Joshua can just make an unsafe GI area like terror peak or dreadwood in shattered skies.

Not worth the FPS tradeoff if you ask me.

2 hours ago, TheDuke said:

Not worth the FPS tradeoff if you ask me.

Completely agree. There are plenty of other titles that try to do this type of game. I feel this game is trying to go in a different direction. At least not in the base building direction for many many years. We need more optimization first anyways. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Midevil said:

DO NOT ADD BASE BUILDING.

I AGREE, LAG WILL COME

Don't do base building, it encourages awful campy play style so people can sit in their base and use snipers.

Base building is a horrible feature to survival games. There will be lag, offline raids, people taking over popular spots and camping, etc. Please keep the game as is, it's perfect.