aNA

Suggestions / Ideas / Feedback #1

Hello fellas,

I've played a lot of pvp survival games (aftermath, dayz, shattered skies, warz, infestation and some others) 
I can say without a doubt that Xera is extremly fun and enjoyable.
very good hitbox, no desync, the game is easy to understand, easy to play. 
I'm coming here with some ideas/feedback in order to improve the game experience from user side.

Groups : 
1. Have the name of the teamate above the head (actually we have to be very close to know who's who and it is sometime confusing).
2. A kind of killfeed / deathfeed for the people being in the same group so we know what happen during fights
(name of the mate, name of the player killed / WEAPON / METERS DISTANCE )

HUD / gameplay :

1. Center the compass so its more easy to use
2. If we have no heal in the quickslot , fill it automaticly with the best heal item in the bag 
(same if we have no meds and loot one, auto equip it in the quickslot).
3. Keep the crosshair even when we are running (that's somehow disturbing when it disappear).
4. Having some lootbags when someone die (main weapon can drop out of the bag) with the player name on it : 
usefull to know where is your stuff , what is the stuff of the guy you kill 
(its is easy to be confused about it when a lot of people die).
In this kind of game i think it will bring a better experience for everybody.

Map :
1. Add a fountain in the safe zone so we can fill bottles.

Best of the best :

I know it is a sensitive case here :)

1. Shield/cover system so its more fair for the people who like to push. Its also a good way to counter sniper. 
A good player with a sniper will be overpowered without a counter system.
also there is a lot of very open area where you have no chance to stay alive if someone shoot at you first.
of course this kind of item design must have a quick decay (like 2-3 minutes to avoid server stressing)

What do you think ?

Edited by aNA
  • Like 1

also

- your number in the list is different for the other players, maybe it can be improved(actually everyone see you with a totally different number)

- i'd like to see a directionnal hitmarker when you get shot to have an idea where you get shot from 

Edited by Sylence
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, aNA said:

Best of the best :

I know it is a sensitive case here :)

1. Shield/cover system so its more fair for the people who like to push. Its also a good way to counter sniper. 
A good player with a sniper will be overpowered without a counter system.
also there is a lot of very open area where you have no chance to stay alive if someone shoot at you first.
of course this kind of item design must have a quick decay (like 2-3 minutes to avoid server stressing)

What do you think ?

Just make the shields heavy so we can only carry 3 at max or something than wont be as much spam either and people can't spam shields to have a never ending fight aswell.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sylence said:

also

- your number in the list is different for the other players, maybe it can be improved(actually everyone see you with a totally different number)

- i'd like to see a directionnal hitmarker when you get shot to have an idea where you get shot from 

Yes good idea, I agree too !

6 hours ago, vannvan said:

Just make the shields heavy so we can only carry 3 at max or something than wont be as much spam either and people can't spam shields to have a never ending fight aswell.

Or this item must be hard to craft. But it is essential, because I tried to do 1 against 4 but it is too disadvantageous by the environment and the number even several teams at the same time.

No to name tags or make it an option u can turn on or off i prefer arrows

the rest seems good

• Like 1

Yes some type of deployable shield needs to be in the game. I agree that carrying 1500 shields is ridiculous (newZ), however the map is FAR too open outside POIs and the TTK is far too fast with guns being basically hitscan for there not to be deployable shields. 

1 hour ago, AirborneLawnDart said:

Sounds good to me.

I worry about the shield spam problem.  They do that with walls in Rust and it's balls deep awful.....lol

I do not think, if the barricades last 3 minutes or can receive 20 bullets before destroying themselves. They must be difficult to craft and not easy to found. They must arise instantaneously

Edited by aNA