Blecalt

private servers

I know this is a total unliked opinion but I believe private servers take away from the core values of the game. 

There should be be a risk to going out there and loot.

private server just allows people to horde with no  repercussions  And take into live servers with a upper hand creating a pay to win window. Therefore this will in turn shrink the player base and Diminishing the game in a whole.

Like i I said it’s an unpopular opinion but mine none the less :)     

• Upvote 1

Private servers are confirmed. That is all we know.

0a36d224058d35f5baac3594e2f3e13a.png

Edited by GENETICZZ

Private servers should have different loot then online ones.  As stated by other users it would just make those who rent a server pay to win. This way you wont have to deal with people going into private servers and getting a ton of free loot and bringing it to the main servers!!

Edited by TheMistakee

23 minutes ago, GENETICZZ said:

Private servers are confirmed. That is all we know.

0a36d224058d35f5baac3594e2f3e13a.png

Private servers are coming. But what if they are private dedicated servers with limited editing of variables. The game is categorized as an MMO on steam. Dedicated servers where people choose how the game will run and then have a Global inventory will really mess up the gun economy. Unless global inventory gets disabled on dedicated servers and you use them to level up without looting? I really don't know how this will work. 

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, HaeL said:

Private servers are coming. But what if they are private dedicated servers with limited editing of variables. The game is categorized as an MMO on steam. Dedicated servers where people choose how the game will run and then have a Global inventory will really mess up the gun economy. Unless global inventory gets disabled on dedicated servers and you use them to level up without looting? I really don't know how this will work. 

There is no honest good way to do this unless the servers are private hive and people go play an loot on said server, but then you are splitting a lot of people up and zoning the population to playing on public hive or private hive servers kind of like dayz.

Would just lower spawn rates on private servers by a good margine and let people farm robots if they want to.

Going to point out, encouraging people to play and loot on a busy server can be pretty awful because there are more than a handful of 3-4 man groups rolling around and just zerging after 1 or 2 man groups. Given you can headshot them there is no good way to go about fighting a full team with 2 people unless you are constantly line of sighting them and etc.

There is a lot here that would need to be touched up on.

I can't wait for Private Servers.  As long as they're passworded and it transfers to Global Inventory we're going to get one.

They need to revert the Patch 1 loot nerf though.  Low pop servers have BALLS DEEP AWFUL loot now.

1 hour ago, AirborneLawnDart said:

I can't wait for Private Servers.  As long as they're passworded and it transfers to Global Inventory we're going to get one.

They need to revert the Patch 1 loot nerf though.  Low pop servers have BALLS DEEP AWFUL loot now.

Passworded and Global Inventory? I highly doubt the former. The latter....maybe.

You can tell that he wants some risk involved with looting or he wouldn't of decreased the loot spawns in low pop servers on the first patch. 

I always felt that Private server will only allow certain variables but will pretty much be the same as the game. Examples like: Allowing only solos, 2 groups, 3 groups or Forcing First person or something like that. 

I can't see him having passworded drastically different server with global inventory. Password a server and get 10 friends to join in order to get free loot? Maybe if you password a server global inventory will shut off. That might work, in case you want to do a Scrim or something. 

Private servers that aren't customized can be tied into the global inventory.  It's the customized ones that will not.

7 minutes ago, IcedYoshi said:

Private servers that aren't customized can be tied into the global inventory.  It's the customized ones that will not.

This is what I figured. But how customized will you allow before it turns off Global inventory? 

27 minutes ago, HaeL said:

This is what I figured. But how customized will you allow before it turns off Global inventory? 

Should be any customization whatsoever.

I don't think private servers should be connected to GI at all, its silly, farmers just play all day on a priv server lol

1 minute ago, bonecake said:

Should be any customization whatsoever.

I don't think private servers should be connected to GI at all, its silly, farmers just play all day on a priv server lol

Not even if they only change FPS only?

Am I the only one that thinks having private servers is utterly stupid and worthless? This game is a survival looter shooter and people want to remove survival and shooter just to run around and loot, like that baffles me. 

Edit: Also with this games population, won' t it split it up further and kill the experience?

Edited by shrive

43 minutes ago, HaeL said:

Not even if they only change FPS only?

When they go live, Joshua will let everyone know exactly what can and can't be done if you want it tied into the GI.

A private server can help players who have difficulty connecting to the official server improve their game experience.

Like China.

The number of Chinese gamers is huge.

sooo almost a year later  me and 3 friends have picked this up any news on these private servers cant find any fresh info anywhere?  and only see german and french servers  for EU ? no English ones?

1 hour ago, Baron said:

sooo almost a year later  me and 3 friends have picked this up any news on these private servers cant find any fresh info anywhere?  and only see german and french servers  for EU ? no English ones?

We have a lot of the infrastructure written for them.  As of today they are planned to be available at some point during season 4 as we are working on the new map and basebuilding first.

You can view our updated roadmap at https://trello.com/b/yGBsrAZF/xera-survival-public-roadmap to see what's planned.