Sign in to follow this  
HaeL

How do new players get started in this game?

I was thinking about this and I was wondering. How do new players get started in this game if they have no knowledge of how to start the snowball of looting guns and pvping?

With the reduction of spawnrates in lower servers its hard to PvE in low pop servers and find guns. Are you expecting new players to join a high pop server and loot at a higher risk to just begin to fight back?

Would it be a bad idea to have new players start with 1-3 gun that is a unique weaker version of an Ar-15 that can't be looted and disappears on death?

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Spawn rates lowered, not chances of gun spawns. 800 items are still scattered across the world and a normal % of them are guns. 

If you join low pop servers to learn how to the game then you're not playing the game correctly.

1 hour ago, Shuckeh said:

Spawn rates lowered, not chances of gun spawns. 800 items are still scattered across the world and a normal % of them are guns. 

If you join low pop servers to learn how to the game then you're not playing the game correctly.

But  how will people know? Who first purchase the game? And what do new players do when they join a high pop server? Die multiple times trying to find their first gun before they kill the next player? 

Posted (edited)

An option to choose between beginner and regular servers for the first X amount of playtime could help.
Whats important is that theres the abbility to choose though. We wouldn't want new players to be stuck in empty servers.
Spawn rates could be different there.

Edited by TheDuke

I agree with @TheDuke with adding servers for under X amount of playtime can play on to start off, if you was going to go on one of the higher population servers solo it is nearly impossible because there are a lot of groups playing at the moment as I play with 3 other people myself and I do feel sorry for when someone shoots at one of us and then we all charge at them..

I would be okay with this as well.

Because as a new player with no knowledge of the map and no knowledge on how to find guns and not pvp well. I don't see how they can get started with their loot adventures unless they are will an already well established friends who can lend them guns to go out and pvp for loot. A solo new player will spawn randomly and will most likely get killed by experience players in high pop servers and will have a hard time finding a firearm in low pop servers because of the low pop loot tables. 

But I do agree with this idea.  

Posted (edited)

new players simply quit after short time, they get shat on by veterans and if the find something its a pistol with 5 shots or a useless melee weapon

yes i am overexaggarating but you should get the point :D

new player servers would be great, would also lock out hardcore cheaters since they need a few hours there -> sounds like a winwin situation

the only problem is Xera has a very very small player base -> how many new players trickle in?

first step should be: FUN for noobs 

Edited by xDarrick

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, xDarrick said:

new players simply quit after short time, they get shat on by veterans and if the find something its a pistol with 5 shots or a useless melee weapon

yes i am overexaggarating but you should get the point :D

new player servers would be great, would also lock out hardcore cheaters since they need a few hours there -> sounds like a winwin situation

the only problem is Xera has a very very small player base -> how many new players trickle in?

first step should be: FUN for noobs 

This is what I mentioned earlier. They should offer beginner server access, not force it. It would be really bad to have new players in empty servers and even worse, it kills mouth to mouth advertisement as new players wouldn't be able to play with their friends. 

Edited by TheDuke
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, TheDuke said:

This is what I mentioned earlier. They should offer beginner server access, not force it. It would be really bad to have new players in empty servers and even worse, it kills mouth to mouth advertisement as new players wouldn't be able to play with their friends. 

Looks like they are on the roadmap now.