Jump to content
Bantam Boy

3 Biggest Issues that needs fixing ASAP

Recommended Posts

So, long time player of WarZ, Infestation, NewZ, Shattered Skies and so on.

Been playing this game for a few hours now (+20) and see huge issues that needs fixing:

1. Hacking:
Of course this has to be absolutely number one priority and one that i am really scared that this small dev team is not up to par to fix. Multiple hacking sites already have full functioning cheats for out and i've seen the impact on gameplay already. Not only that - just the fact that these cheats are out there and not caught makes community and ingame chat really toxic. Above anything - anti-cheats should be the biggest priority or this game will be dead in a few weeks from now.

2: Meds
Ok, so you at least added the cooldown on meds but i still find it really dumb that people are able to jump around full-instant-healing while fighting and dodging bullets. This is a gamebreaking mechanic since this makes is almost impossible for any new or lower geared player to kill 1 or more fully geared players, unless they get right in their face with an autoweapon.

I see two solutions to this issue: 1. Force the cooldown BEFORE meds trigger (ie. you have to sit down / stand still for X seconds before a heal triggers) or 2. Double or even quadrople med cooldown.s.

3. Grouping
The issue of zerging has been in every single one of these games. While i'm not really against grouping i truly believe that doing a full group (which i often do myself) should come with several disadvantages over a solo player. Those could range from: Longer respawn times (MUCH longer than the lame 5 seconds added right now), being visible on radar to some extent or even nerfs to armor / hp.

These games become deadboring for solo players as even great players who can manage 1-2 kills, will eventually die to a group or even multiple groups playing together. 

Oh... And remove the damn "location arrow" which makes it even easier to group. The LEAST you can expect from a group of players is to communicate their position without an ESP arrow showing their location.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

location arrow was voted for in a poll by the community, stop crying.

if you are actually good at the game and put yourself in correct positions (the only way to currently win as there are no outplay mechanics like shields) then you will win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Midevil said:

location arrow was voted for in a poll by the community, stop crying.

if you are actually good at the game and put yourself in correct positions (the only way to currently win as there are no outplay mechanics like shields) then you will win.

Wait so you’re telling me that anyone can 1v4 easily if they are good at the game and its simply positioning? I disagree completely

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Midevil said:

location arrow was voted for in a poll by the community, stop crying.

if you are actually good at the game and put yourself in correct positions (the only way to currently win as there are no outplay mechanics like shields) then you will win.

If this forum is going down the "stop crying" path this early in pre-alpha.. put a nail in the title and get over with. OP brings up true points to note, if you can't act civil during the alpha discussion, perhaps your account should be revoked. Some of the points above are borderline purchase charge back and telling others to avoid this title.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Bantam Boy said:

So, long time player of WarZ, Infestation, NewZ, Shattered Skies and so on.

Been playing this game for a few hours now (+20) and see huge issues that needs fixing:

1. Hacking:
Of course this has to be absolutely number one priority and one that i am really scared that this small dev team is not up to par to fix. Multiple hacking sites already have full functioning cheats for out and i've seen the impact on gameplay already. Not only that - just the fact that these cheats are out there and not caught makes community and ingame chat really toxic. Above anything - anti-cheats should be the biggest priority or this game will be dead in a few weeks from now.

2: Meds
Ok, so you at least added the cooldown on meds but i still find it really dumb that people are able to jump around full-instant-healing while fighting and dodging bullets. This is a gamebreaking mechanic since this makes is almost impossible for any new or lower geared player to kill 1 or more fully geared players, unless they get right in their face with an autoweapon.

I see two solutions to this issue: 1. Force the cooldown BEFORE meds trigger (ie. you have to sit down / stand still for X seconds before a heal triggers) or 2. Double or even quadrople med cooldown.s.

3. Grouping
The issue of zerging has been in every single one of these games. While i'm not really against grouping i truly believe that doing a full group (which i often do myself) should come with several disadvantages over a solo player. Those could range from: Longer respawn times (MUCH longer than the lame 5 seconds added right now), being visible on radar to some extent or even nerfs to armor / hp.

These games become deadboring for solo players as even great players who can manage 1-2 kills, will eventually die to a group or even multiple groups playing together. 

Oh... And remove the damn "location arrow" which makes it even easier to group. The LEAST you can expect from a group of players is to communicate their position without an ESP arrow showing their location.

Your second point about meds would make the game easier for the camping/defensive player and large groups while in your third point (with which i do not agree) you claim to want to make it harder on groups. Sorry but wat.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, TheDuke said:

Your second point about meds would make the game easier for the camping/defensive player and large groups while in your third point (with which i do not agree) you claim to want to make it harder on groups. Sorry but wat.

Well, TheDuke, since you've been active in any single one of the games i mentioned and ALWAYS been part of the people who play non-stop in groups, i did not expect anything but you to disagree - you've done literally any forum post wanting to nerf group play in any of those games :D

I disagree completely that my second point is an advantage for groups while i DO agree that it will - to some extend - give an advantage to camping player.

The current meds situation gives a HUGE advantage to groups since:

A) Groups can bring out their BEST gear (ie. the biggest heals) with very little risk, since their team mates will pick up their stuff.

B) Groups can rush a camping players and use those meds WHILE rushing and the camping player will have a very hard time killing even one player since they can heal WHILE they rush.

With heals working they way i say, a group will have to stop / coordinate their attack much more and a player caught in the open would be easier for a camping player to kill, meaning that a player having position on a group in the open could now actually kill 1-2 players and then deal with the remaining players on a more even playing field.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For someone who played all those previous titles, you sure are confusing the identity of these types of games.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Aces said:

For someone who played all those previous titles, you sure are confusing the identity of these types of games.

Do you care to explain what you mean i am confusing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bantam Boy said:

Do you care to explain what you mean i am confusing?

Removing group arrows? Punishing people for playing with friends, and giving them more down time between fights with your increased spawn time idea? Changing insta med when it has always been insta med AND it keeps skill ceiling higher because you have to time it right? 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/3/2019 at 10:01 PM, Bantam Boy said:

So, long time player of WarZ, Infestation, NewZ, Shattered Skies and so on.

Been playing this game for a few hours now (+20) and see huge issues that needs fixing:

1. Hacking:
Of course this has to be absolutely number one priority and one that i am really scared that this small dev team is not up to par to fix. Multiple hacking sites already have full functioning cheats for out and i've seen the impact on gameplay already. Not only that - just the fact that these cheats are out there and not caught makes community and ingame chat really toxic. Above anything - anti-cheats should be the biggest priority or this game will be dead in a few weeks from now.

2: Meds
Ok, so you at least added the cooldown on meds but i still find it really dumb that people are able to jump around full-instant-healing while fighting and dodging bullets. This is a gamebreaking mechanic since this makes is almost impossible for any new or lower geared player to kill 1 or more fully geared players, unless they get right in their face with an autoweapon.

I see two solutions to this issue: 1. Force the cooldown BEFORE meds trigger (ie. you have to sit down / stand still for X seconds before a heal triggers) or 2. Double or even quadrople med cooldown.s.

3. Grouping
The issue of zerging has been in every single one of these games. While i'm not really against grouping i truly believe that doing a full group (which i often do myself) should come with several disadvantages over a solo player. Those could range from: Longer respawn times (MUCH longer than the lame 5 seconds added right now), being visible on radar to some extent or even nerfs to armor / hp.

These games become deadboring for solo players as even great players who can manage 1-2 kills, will eventually die to a group or even multiple groups playing together. 

Oh... And remove the damn "location arrow" which makes it even easier to group. The LEAST you can expect from a group of players is to communicate their position without an ESP arrow showing their location.

1. Hackers are in every single game .. you cant protect a game 100% against hackers
2. this is not DayZ
3. There are enough ways to play with other players .. all people complaining about groups .. man if you dont want 1vs2 ,1vs3, 1vs 4 go find people to play with ..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

also any changes to grouping will be pointless. Shattered skies did it and everyone just stopped being in "groups".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Bantam Boy said:

Well, TheDuke, since you've been active in any single one of the games i mentioned and ALWAYS been part of the people who play non-stop in groups, i did not expect anything but you to disagree - you've done literally any forum post wanting to nerf group play in any of those games :D

I disagree completely that my second point is an advantage for groups while i DO agree that it will - to some extend - give an advantage to camping player.

The current meds situation gives a HUGE advantage to groups since:

A) Groups can bring out their BEST gear (ie. the biggest heals) with very little risk, since their team mates will pick up their stuff.

B) Groups can rush a camping players and use those meds WHILE rushing and the camping player will have a very hard time killing even one player since they can heal WHILE they rush.

With heals working they way i say, a group will have to stop / coordinate their attack much more and a player caught in the open would be easier for a camping player to kill, meaning that a player having position on a group in the open could now actually kill 1-2 players and then deal with the remaining players on a more even playing field.

You can peek, two tap a guy in the head while taking damage from their teammates in return and med up quickly. Can also two tap a guy while pushing as a solo taking damage in return and med up quickly to be able to deal with the rest of their team. 

Of course in order for that to be a thing you need to be able to hit heads. If you can't make that happen you shouldn't get the kill. Rewarding people for potatoaiming is simply stupid. 

What you suggest makes the solo player a sitting duck that can, for the duration in which he has to sit still to med, not defend himself making flanking a breeze for the grouped players. Also, seeing how easily you can get caught of guard by people standing behind trees I think it's only fair that you should be able to med and find cover. That is if they miss and don't double dink you. If their aim is fully on point you will be killed. I think there should be more ways to counterplay, like barricades.

I am all for making it easier on solo's. But as mentioned before. Your suggestion makes it only harder for them. Barricades and quick meds are the way to actually help the solo player. My posts reflect that mindset. 

I did not play in groups non stop in the past, and don't do now. However it is true I will at least be duo most of the time. I also wasn't active in every single game you mentioned. Only in one of the '4' of em. You might wanna stop talking out of ur ass. 

Your post displays a great lack of understanding about the games mechanics.

Try DayZ or something. A game that focuses on sitting in a bush for hours on end to eventually snipe one guy and call it a day. Clearly that is the gameplay you are after. Let this game be its own thing. 

That's all I have to say. 

Edited by TheDuke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Too many people want to make 3-4 man groups and "wreck solo nerds", down the slippery slope we go... charge back time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/5/2019 at 2:58 PM, TheDuke said:

You can peek, two tap a guy in the head while taking damage from their teammates in return and med up quickly. Can also two tap a guy while pushing as a solo taking damage in return and med up quickly to be able to deal with the rest of their team. 

Of course in order for that to be a thing you need to be able to hit heads. If you can't make that happen you shouldn't get the kill. Rewarding people for potatoaiming is simply stupid. 

What you suggest makes the solo player a sitting duck that can, for the duration in which he has to sit still to med, not defend himself making flanking a breeze for the grouped players. Also, seeing how easily you can get caught of guard by people standing behind trees I think it's only fair that you should be able to med and find cover. That is if they miss and don't double dink you. If their aim is fully on point you will be killed. I think there should be more ways to counterplay, like barricades.

I am all for making it easier on solo's. But as mentioned before. Your suggestion makes it only harder for them. Barricades and quick meds are the way to actually help the solo player. My posts reflect that mindset. 

I did not play in groups non stop in the past, and don't do now. However it is true I will at least be duo most of the time. I also wasn't active in every single game you mentioned. Only in one of the '4' of em. You might wanna stop talking out of ur ass. 

Your post displays a great lack of understanding about the games mechanics.

Try DayZ or something. A game that focuses on sitting in a bush for hours on end to eventually snipe one guy and call it a day. Clearly that is the gameplay you are after. Let this game be its own thing. 

That's all I have to say. 

For someone who hardly ever play solo, you sure do know a lot about solo gameplay.


Or maybe this is just the same song and dance from the same group of people who loves to play these games in large fully geared groups which gives them easy kills...

I'll let everyone judge for themselves when they meet you ingame 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Bantam Boy said:

For someone who hardly ever play solo, you sure do know a lot about solo gameplay.


Or maybe this is just the same song and dance from the same group of people who loves to play these games in large fully geared groups which gives them easy kills...

I'll let everyone judge for themselves when they meet you ingame 😉

Based on the fact you're saying i played 3 games i did not play and construct your argument around the absense of 'pro' solo posts on their respective forums means you do not know me.
The one game on your list i did play, shattered skies, i did make several posts to the benefit of solo players as i played solo in it quite a bit myself.
In essence thats exactly what i did here too, by requesting shields and defending insta meds. You just don't see it that way, because like i said, you do not understand the games mechanics and the nature of these types of games. And thats fine. You are argueing from a possition of ignorance. Thats noones fault.
But to try and attack my reputation with a bunch of falsehoods is just sad :).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Bantam Boy said:

For someone who hardly ever play solo, you sure do know a lot about solo gameplay.


Or maybe this is just the same song and dance from the same group of people who loves to play these games in large fully geared groups which gives them easy kills...

I'll let everyone judge for themselves when they meet you ingame 😉

The game is maxed at 4 people in a group. Just ban those who group higher? Also i come from Shattered as well and its not hard to be a solo in these kinds of games lol. If you're really struggling to make ends meet, then maybe try finding someone to play with? Most of the people in game are potatoes anyway. Shields would make it easier for Solos like it did in shattered. You can easily wipe a squad of 4 in here without an issue. (this isnt a shot at anyone. Just offering my ideas)

Edited by TheMistakee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheDuke said:

Based on the fact you're saying i played 3 games i did not play and construct your argument around the absense of 'pro' solo posts on their respective forums means you do not know me.
The one game on your list i did play, shattered skies, i did make several posts to the benefit of solo players as i played solo in it quite a bit myself.
In essence thats exactly what i did here too, by requesting shields and defending insta meds. You just don't see it that way, because like i said, you do not understand the games mechanics and the nature of these types of games. And thats fine. You are argueing from a possition of ignorance. Thats noones fault.
But to try and attack my reputation with a bunch of falsehoods is just sad :).

I've probably spent more time in these games, including Shattered Skies, in both solo AND groups than you. Truth be told, i would probably rip your head of in 9/10 encounter we would have, so how about you giddyonupouttahere with your arrogant attitude and just realise that your exposed for who you truly are Miss Kerrigan.

Nothing you are suggesting is benefiting of solo players and the obvious way of realizing that is that you are not a solo player yourself - and you weren't in Shattered Skies either except for a few occasions where you got ripped to pieces so hard that you apparently became afraid of walking the streets alone ever again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Bantam Boy said:

I've probably spent more time in these games, including Shattered Skies, in both solo AND groups than you. Truth be told, i would probably rip your head of in 9/10 encounter we would have, so how about you giddyonupouttahere with your arrogant attitude and just realise that your exposed for who you truly are Miss Kerrigan.

Nothing you are suggesting is benefiting of solo players and the obvious way of realizing that is that you are not a solo player yourself - and you weren't in Shattered Skies either except for a few occasions where you got ripped to pieces so hard that you apparently became afraid of walking the streets alone ever again.

It is truly sad you need to resort to trying to trigger me into giving you some sad reaction. But you're not the first, nor the last trying this.
Wether or not my attitude towards you is arrogant is irrelevant to the discussion, you are trying to make me look bad by saying i did and do things i never have.
I don't expect a guy who thinks he knows me from a bunch of games i never played to know whether or not i got ripped.
You're a sad person. I will end our discussion here. I would not want you to make more of a fool of yourself.

Edited by TheDuke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Bantam Boy said:

I've probably spent more time in these games, including Shattered Skies, in both solo AND groups than you. Truth be told, i would probably rip your head of in 9/10 encounter we would have, so how about you giddyonupouttahere with your arrogant attitude and just realise that your exposed for who you truly are Miss Kerrigan.

Nothing you are suggesting is benefiting of solo players and the obvious way of realizing that is that you are not a solo player yourself - and you weren't in Shattered Skies either except for a few occasions where you got ripped to pieces so hard that you apparently became afraid of walking the streets alone ever again.

Why have i never heard of you then, cause ive also played all of the games listed above 🤔

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheDuke said:

It is truly sad you need to resort to trying to trigger me into giving you some sad reaction. But you're not the first, nor the last trying this.
Wether or not my attitude towards you is arrogant is irrelevant to the discussion, you are trying to make me look bad by saying i did and do things i never have.
I don't expect a guy who thinks he knows me from a bunch of games i never played to know whether or not i got ripped.
You're a sad person. I will end our discussion here. I would not want you to make more of a fool of yourself.

I hope you fall down from that high horse and break your neck. *kiss*

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Bantam Boy said:

I hope you fall down from that high horse and break your neck. *kiss*

Love you too sugar 😘

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/3/2019 at 4:01 PM, Bantam Boy said:

So, long time player of WarZ, Infestation, NewZ, Shattered Skies and so on.

Been playing this game for a few hours now (+20) and see huge issues that needs fixing:

1. Hacking:
Of course this has to be absolutely number one priority and one that i am really scared that this small dev team is not up to par to fix. Multiple hacking sites already have full functioning cheats for out and i've seen the impact on gameplay already. Not only that - just the fact that these cheats are out there and not caught makes community and ingame chat really toxic. Above anything - anti-cheats should be the biggest priority or this game will be dead in a few weeks from now.

2: Meds
Ok, so you at least added the cooldown on meds but i still find it really dumb that people are able to jump around full-instant-healing while fighting and dodging bullets. This is a gamebreaking mechanic since this makes is almost impossible for any new or lower geared player to kill 1 or more fully geared players, unless they get right in their face with an autoweapon.

I see two solutions to this issue: 1. Force the cooldown BEFORE meds trigger (ie. you have to sit down / stand still for X seconds before a heal triggers) or 2. Double or even quadrople med cooldown.s.

3. Grouping
The issue of zerging has been in every single one of these games. While i'm not really against grouping i truly believe that doing a full group (which i often do myself) should come with several disadvantages over a solo player. Those could range from: Longer respawn times (MUCH longer than the lame 5 seconds added right now), being visible on radar to some extent or even nerfs to armor / hp.

These games become deadboring for solo players as even great players who can manage 1-2 kills, will eventually die to a group or even multiple groups playing together. 

Oh... And remove the damn "location arrow" which makes it even easier to group. The LEAST you can expect from a group of players is to communicate their position without an ESP arrow showing their location.

I'm assuming you're new around here. Grouping will never stop, people want to play with their friends. Obviously yes, it makes the game a little easier / less risk. But thats something that cannot be fixed. The med system, imo, its fine the way it is. Because you cannot full heal in any sort of fashion yet. only 40% and 60% with 8-12s CD which is high for those percentages, also the TTK (time to kill) is VERY fast. Faster than ISS/NEWZ/SS all these types of arcadey looter shooters. So making longer med cooldowns will simply be stupid, SINCE btw there is a med animation, while those other games did not have one, s oyou actually cannot have a gun fight point blank, heal, then shoot again. you will die doing this 10/10 times. But thats just my opinion :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Bantam Boy said:

I've probably spent more time in these games, including Shattered Skies, in both solo AND groups than you. Truth be told, i would probably rip your head of in 9/10 encounter we would have, so how about you giddyonupouttahere with your arrogant attitude and just realise that your exposed for who you truly are Miss Kerrigan.

Nothing you are suggesting is benefiting of solo players and the obvious way of realizing that is that you are not a solo player yourself - and you weren't in Shattered Skies either except for a few occasions where you got ripped to pieces so hard that you apparently became afraid of walking the streets alone ever again.

If you think you spent more time and would kill duke more than he would kill you then you really didnt play shattered or the other games.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

It seems to me that you are complaining that a looter shooter isn't a survival game.

1 - Hacking: Cheating is going to be an issue with every game but at the moment, after playing everyday since it released I have not ran into a cheater or seen people complain of one. I don't think this is an issue at the moment. The game is running Easy Anti Cheat like a lot of other games are running so there's nothing more really that the game can do.

2 - Meds: I understand your point and idea about meds but again, this game is a looter shooter. It's meant to be fast paced and revolve around combat and people fighting for their skill rating and the leader boards. If meds have a cool down timer for them to be used then everyone will play way more passive in fights.

3 - Groups: Again, I understand your point and idea but group fights are a huge part of looter shooters, especially a game like Xera where events are involved. I do think that at the moment it is quite hard for a solo to win a fight versus 3 or 4 compared to previous games but this can be improved by having more cover around the maps, specifically around events, or even the implementation of shields. This would allow more strategy to be involved. If it is eventually improved and a solo still doesn't want anything to do with a group then hopefully by then solo / duo servers are implemented. However I personally am not a big fan of that idea unless there is a big player base. The same people who don't want to vs groups would be the same people to complain that the game is boring or they aren't getting enough skill rating. You say you have played a lot of looter shooters but have you not seen all the montages and insane fights that looter shooter games produce when it's a 1 or 2 group versus a group of 3 or 4. Nothing was more satisfying then outplaying a team when by yourself.

Edited by PondeN
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

To answer your issue with meds. Your playing a faster-paced pvp survival game that has taken the med idea/mechanic from warz/ss/newz and had no issue what so ever, the med system currently is perfectly fine with a few flaws but overall being able to move and med is fine. You state that a solo can only kill players close range with an auto wep. This is completely false this is more of an aim issue your having with hitting headshots. And making you have to med standing still will give more of an advantage to groups and make it harder for solos. 

Edited by Dexel
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×