Sign in to follow this  
PondeN

Xera's current player base

Posted (edited)

https://steamcharts.com/app/625340 If you have a look at Xera's steam charts, you can see that the game peaked on it's third day at 1500+ players and over the last 2 weeks its peak daily players has dropped 2/3's down to 600. Obviously this is expected when a new early access game is released from a new dev team and no big streamers are continuing to play it after release week. Assuming and hoping that the player base now stays around a core of 300 to 500 until the game gets out of early access and releases, I am quite worried that with the looks of adding 4 new types of servers to the game, this could split the community and kill it's current player base. Beginner, max 2 player groups, first person only and private servers are all great ideas to accommodate for many different people and their preferred play styles but with the current player base of the game I don't think it's doable. I think beginner servers could definitely be added at this stage for new comers who just want to PvE and learn the game before getting into PvP but any of the other game modes being added now will just split the community.

Maybe the American and European servers are different but I'm from Oceania myself and for the last 2 weeks, only one of the Oceania servers has been almost full during the afternoon / night allowing people to PvP on that server or swotcj to a 10 or less player server to loot and not get bombarded with PvP. However the last 2 nights, Oceania struggled to get a server above 20 players at night time whilst the other servers barely got above 5. With this being said, especially in Oceania and other small regions, I don't know how the game could implement more server types when some regions aren't getting a solid player count on their servers at the moment.

I was wondering @Joshua what your plans were to accommodate for the player base dropping off and with smaller regions almost becoming inactive for good PvP. Will you be removing some servers from regions to fill the others up? Will you be only implementing some of the other servers options?

Edited by PondeN
  • Upvote 1

Now that the patch is out and recoil fixed, that should bring a lot of people back.

So far the game has been great.  Good start, good updates, really fun.

The ONLY negative change so far is nerfing the loot in low pop.

It makes me not want to play.  It makes my friends not want to play.

We've been playing more Overwatch than Xera since that happened.

Low loot low pops SUCK :(

p.s.  With a good launch and very low hacking problems, people do not quit GOOD games the first month unless something seriously un-fun is added.  Low loot is un-fun.

11 minutes ago, AirborneLawnDart said:

So far the game has been great.  Good start, good updates, really fun.

The ONLY negative change so far is nerfing the loot in low pop.

It makes me not want to play.  It makes my friends not want to play.

We've been playing more Overwatch than Xera since that happened.

Low loot low pops SUCK :(

p.s.  With a good launch and very low hacking problems, people do not quit GOOD games the first month unless something seriously un-fun is added.  Low loot is un-fun.

Heya,

Have you seen better results now that we buffed the loot on the low pop servers?  I'm trying to gather some feedback on how things are going now that the patch is out.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, IcedYoshi said:

Heya,

Have you seen better results now that we buffed the loot on the low pop servers?  I'm trying to gather some feedback on how things are going now that the patch is out.

Somewhat.

The main problem is the nerfed loot pushes EVERY player in low pops to Military Base or Airfield if you want loot.

Before the nerf, you could farm any one of the event zones, especially bunker.  Or just roam around cities and stock up on food and meds.

Now, you go in and hope nobody is going to shoot you in the back while you loot Airfield or Military Base.  You frequently get killed, because when you're looting, you're making a LOT of noise and can't focus 100% of your attention to look for attackers.

So as people loose loot PVPing, they cant' replace it efficiently, and lose desire to play.

I bet you'd see a LOT more people if the loot wasn't nerfed.

Edited by AirborneLawnDart

1 hour ago, IcedYoshi said:

Heya,

I haven't done a lot of purely just looting on low pop servers myself as I prefer to loot whilst PvPing. With the Oceania servers dropping in population recently, my friends and I have had to resort to playing on an Oceania server that is less then 8 people or moving over to an Asian server with 200 ping. The loot on these low-mid populated servers doesn't seem rewarding enough.

At the moment with the games current state and the Oceania's population we have to loot on a 8 player or less OCE server for barely any loot or good PvP. Then if we go to Asia, when their servers are filling up at their peak time of the day, then we have to deal with 200 ping if we want to have good PvP and get loot the way we like / use to in Oceania.

On 6/7/2019 at 9:22 PM, PondeN said:

https://steamcharts.com/app/625340 If you have a look at Xera's steam charts, you can see that the game peaked on it's third day at 1500+ players and over the last 2 weeks its peak daily players has dropped 2/3's down to 600. Obviously this is expected when a new early access game is released from a new dev team and no big streamers are continuing to play it after release week. Assuming and hoping that the player base now stays around a core of 300 to 500 until the game gets out of early access and releases, I am quite worried that with the looks of adding 4 new types of servers to the game, this could split the community and kill it's current player base. Beginner, max 2 player groups, first person only and private servers are all great ideas to accommodate for many different people and their preferred play styles but with the current player base of the game I don't think it's doable. I think beginner servers could definitely be added at this stage for new comers who just want to PvE and learn the game before getting into PvP but any of the other game modes being added now will just split the community.

Maybe the American and European servers are different but I'm from Oceania myself and for the last 2 weeks, only one of the Oceania servers has been almost full during the afternoon / night allowing people to PvP on that server or swotcj to a 10 or less player server to loot and not get bombarded with PvP. However the last 2 nights, Oceania struggled to get a server above 20 players at night time whilst the other servers barely got above 5. With this being said, especially in Oceania and other small regions, I don't know how the game could implement more server types when some regions aren't getting a solid player count on their servers at the moment.

I was wondering @Joshua what your plans were to accommodate for the player base dropping off and with smaller regions almost becoming inactive for good PvP. Will you be removing some servers from regions to fill the others up? Will you be only implementing some of the other servers options?

+1, I hope the dev team will be able to push good things into Live asap. Game is super fun, except it feels empty, too many spaces without Anything. Yes the fix for the loot is better, but why would people end up looting if the game gets meh after a couple of hours. This is only my grain of salt, we need big cities like Campos. Even simply more locations.. I really do hope we get that pop back.. that 1500 got me really excited and now makes me doubt if it's worth to be farming since the pop is only dropping from day to day. 

On 09/06/2019 at 02:24, AirborneLawnDart said:

Até agora o jogo tem sido ótimo. Bom começo, boas atualizações, muito divertido.

A ÚNICA mudança negativa até agora é nerfing o loot em baixa pop.

Isso me faz não querer jogar. Faz meus amigos não querem jogar.

Nós temos jogado mais Overwatch que Xera desde que isso aconteceu.

Low loot low pops SUGAR :(

ps Com um bom lançamento e problemas de hackers muito baixos, as pessoas não param de GOOD games no primeiro mês, a menos que algo seriamente não divertido seja adicionado. Low loot não é divertido.

If you think like that , you dont like the game anyway.

The loot its great in military spots. Obviously need to be fixed and split the civilian loot / military loot.

About the post, i agree perfectly, if the XERA DEV's remove some servers put the Private Server available please.

Posted (edited)
On 6/10/2019 at 6:09 PM, waakh said:

If you think like that , you dont like the game anyway.

The loot its great in military spots. Obviously need to be fixed and split the civilian loot / military loot.

About the post, i agree perfectly, if the XERA DEV's remove some servers put the Private Server available please.

Yes, if you go loot low pops at Military or Airfield, you can get decent loot.  But now EVERYONE in low pop goes there because low pop loot sucks.  So you get ganked more (because you can't be 100% focused on defense when you loot).  You take less loot home, so you're left doing more and more boring looting.

Removing servers won't fix it.  The population is bored and leaving.  PVP is fun.  Looting is boring.

Adding private servers NOW won't fix it.  Our group is not going to BUY a private server where you can only reasonably loot Military and Airfield.  2 people can farm Airfield efficiently (meaning enough loot not to slow the process) and 1 can farm Military Base efficiently.  There's nowhere left on the map for a 4th, 5th, 6th person.  So what do you do?  Tell those people to go pack sand (when they paid for the private server too) or set up some kindergarten (ok, billy gets to loot for 1 hour, then you get to loot for 1 hour)?

They need to remove the loot nerf before the population completely bottoms out.  Every customer they lose is one that may NOT come back even after they fix it.

Edited by AirborneLawnDart

3 hours ago, AirborneLawnDart said:

Yes, if you go loot low pops at Military or Airfield, you can get decent loot.  But now EVERYONE in low pop goes there because low pop loot sucks.  So you get ganked more (because you can't be 100% focused on defense when you loot).  You take less loot home, so you're left doing more and more boring looting.

Removing servers won't fix it.  The population is bored and leaving.  PVP is fun.  Looting is boring.

Adding private servers NOW won't fix it.  Our group is not going to BUY a private server where you can only reasonably loot Military and Airfield.  2 people can farm Airfield efficiently (meaning enough loot not to slow the process) and 1 can farm Military Base efficiently.  There's nowhere left on the map for a 4th, 5th, 6th person.  So what do you do?  Tell those people to go pack sand (when they paid for the private server too) or set up some kindergarten (ok, billy gets to loot for 1 hour, then you get to loot for 1 hour)?

They need to remove the loot nerf before the population completely bottoms out.  Every customer they lose is one that may NOT come back even after they fix it.

The game is based on WarZ, and loot/farm is 70% of the game.. Let him work on the loot/map and we will see in future.

Devs need time, not pressure, the things to change are minimun and its only small things... they must decide if this game gonna be full PVP easy and fast, ppl wanna fight easly and fast as I say

• Like 1