shrive

PLEE FOR ACTION!

I might cry cause OCE servers are split with like 5 players across the board for last few nights. This is the end 😧

I think something needs to be done or bye bye lads. I am just very emotional right now. Less OCE servers will force people to join the same and there will be a bit more pop but man I am crying rn.

Move to NA Kappa. Naw but i imagine being an oce player is really hard right now. Sorry man.

• Like 1

I think OCE players will always have a difficult time in smaller games.
I think the best thing you can do when OCE servers are low on population is play on Asian servers.
If they're located in Hong Kong you should have about the same ping as a central-european playing on an american east coast server.

Posted (edited)

So far the game has been great.  Good start, good updates, really fun.

The ONLY negative change so far is nerfing the loot in low pop.

It makes me not want to play.  It makes my friends not want to play.

We've been playing more Overwatch than Xera since that happened.

Low loot low pops SUCK :(

p.s.  With a good launch and very low hacking problems, people do not quit GOOD games the first month unless something seriously un-fun is added.  Low loot is un-fun.

Edited by AirborneLawnDart

This patch buffed the loot on low pop servers.  Why not give it another shot and see if it's better :)

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, IcedYoshi said:

This patch buffed the loot on low pop servers.  Why not give it another shot and see if it's better :)

We did today.

Spent 5 hours.  Game crashed and lost one full load of loot.  Someone shot me in the back while I was looting on a low pop and I lost another load of loot.  Wasn't worth the 5 hours of work put in.

Got bored.  Went back to playing Overwatch :(

8 hours ago, AirborneLawnDart said:

We did today.

Spent 5 hours.  Game crashed and lost one full load of loot.  Someone shot me in the back while I was looting on a low pop and I lost another load of loot.  Wasn't worth the 5 hours of work put in.

Got bored.  Went back to playing Overwatch :(

That has nothing to do with the drop rates on loot though :s

5 hours ago, TheDuke said:

That has nothing to do with the drop rates on loot though :s

Yes, it absolutely does.

We find hours and hours and hours of looting boring.

It was a lot more fun when loot was plentiful and you didn't have to spend as much time looting so you could PVP.

1 hour ago, AirborneLawnDart said:

Yes, it absolutely does.

We find hours and hours and hours of looting boring.

It was a lot more fun when loot was plentiful and you didn't have to spend as much time looting so you could PVP.

Loot on low pops is currently 72% of what it is on the highest pop. I agree looting gets really boring. But its not like you just stepped out of sz and were stacked within 30 minutes in the old system either.

In my opinion, yes the loot drops could be a little better because for the game being such a low pop because of the slow put-out updates, but I went to military yesterday on a low pop server, took about 25mins, killed 1 guy, looted up for a while, got fully geared with a military backpack and tons of guns in the backpack so I really don't know what you guys are doing wrong with looting it seems like everyone is complaining and saying it takes hours when it literally doesn't for me. Once again, yes the loot could be improved massively and I think they need to work on that and actually make it so it is also worth looting random towns because right now there is absolutely 0 point in looting towns and you are way better off going airfield/military base or loot drops. There is a lot of improvement to be made and since the game is currently not in the best spot (playerbase wise) they should temporarily revert the patch as a whole when making it so low pop = low loot, just until they work everything out and people start playing the game again when it's more developed.

I like the game currently, have a lot of fun doing whatever I do and I hope that it heads in the right direction and don't make the mistake that other games make in not listening to their playerbase/community that they have and actually think about doing some of the things that players suggest because you never know, it could be a big improvement.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Kayyy said:

In my opinion, yes the loot drops could be a little better because for the game being such a low pop because of the slow put-out updates, but I went to military yesterday on a low pop server, took about 25mins, killed 1 guy, looted up for a while, got fully geared with a military backpack and tons of guns in the backpack so I really don't know what you guys are doing wrong with looting it seems like everyone is complaining and saying it takes hours when it literally doesn't for me. Once again, yes the loot could be improved massively and I think they need to work on that and actually make it so it is also worth looting random towns because right now there is absolutely 0 point in looting towns and you are way better off going airfield/military base or loot drops. There is a lot of improvement to be made and since the game is currently not in the best spot (playerbase wise) they should temporarily revert the patch as a whole when making it so low pop = low loot, just until they work everything out and people start playing the game again when it's more developed.

I like the game currently, have a lot of fun doing whatever I do and I hope that it heads in the right direction and don't make the mistake that other games make in not listening to their playerbase/community that they have and actually think about doing some of the things that players suggest because you never know, it could be a big improvement.

Nice name, lol.

Initially, I felt that the loot was just fine, but it seems that I am I'm in the minority. I'm happy to explore moving the slider back and forth until the majority of the player base is content. 

Edited by Kayyhaus

3 hours ago, TheDuke said:

Loot on low pops is currently 72% of what it is on the highest pop. I agree looting gets really boring. But its not like you just stepped out of sz and were stacked within 30 minutes in the old system either.

1800 low pop / 3200 high pop = 56% of the loot

You can see the rapid loss of people after that change.  Prime time in the US now has maybe 1-2 full servers.

If we keep losing people at this rate, there won't be 1 full US server in prime time next month.

They need to revert the nerf 100%.

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, AirborneLawnDart said:

1800 low pop / 3200 high pop = 56% of the loot

You can see the rapid loss of people after that change.  Prime time in the US now has maybe 1-2 full servers.

If we keep losing people at this rate, there won't be 1 full US server in prime time next month.

They need to revert the nerf 100%.

High pop is 2500 if i am not mistaken?

Edited by TheDuke

I really hate to say it but by this rate its looking like Shattered Skies V2...

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, Kayyy said:

I really hate to say it but by this rate its looking like Shattered Skies V2...

I hope not.

I never played that game because of Titov, but it looked awesome.

The players didn't deserve how fast that one died.

I really hope Xera succeeds!  :) 

It's more fun than any other survival game I've played in at least a year or two.

@shrive never limit yourself to just one set of servers, If you can play on all of them ;)

On 6/10/2019 at 11:06 AM, Bravodog said:

@shrive never limit yourself to just one set of servers, If you can play on all of them ;)

@Bravodog I would 100% buuuut, i this sort of game style I find the high ping just annoying and not a fun experience.

On 6/8/2019 at 5:19 AM, shrive said:

I might cry cause OCE servers are split with like 5 players across the board for last few nights. This is the end 😧

I think something needs to be done or bye bye lads. I am just very emotional right now. Less OCE servers will force people to join the same and there will be a bit more pop but man I am crying rn.

They need remove some server in each region, to much servers for 500 active players

On 6/10/2019 at 9:06 AM, Bravodog said:

It's not like switching from NA West to NA East. For Oceania players going to Asia means we are playing on 200+ ping on a game where the combat is very skill based. It's really hard to enjoy playing a fast paced intense game on 200+ ping where bullets aren't connecting, bullets are still hitting you when you are behind cover and meds take 1 second to register after you press the key.