Sign in to follow this  
IcedYoshi

Early Access Patch #2

Patch2.png.fa542b841e7428708295be445baf8feb.png

Greetings Survivors!

We will be deploying our 2nd Early Access Patch at 5:00AM CST today. We hope you will enjoy the changes and content that has been added and look forward to your feedback. As a reminder, don't forget to leave a review if you haven't yet!

Top Features

New Servers
"First Person Only" servers have been added. These will remain limited during the initial rollout.
"No Group System" servers have been added. These will remain limited during the initial rollout.

Skill Rating Reset
Due to a previous bug that caused players to gain an unintended advantage over other players by reducing gun recoil, we have reset everyone's skill rating back to 500. After evaluating the impact of the bug, the team determined that enough players had been impacted by the bug that it would only be fair to reset all skill ratings and allow players to compete on a level playing field now that the bug has been fixed.

Streamer Mode
There is now an option in settings to enable streamer mode
Player list will show player IDs, rather than names
On death, killer will be displayed as player ID
When looking at another player, it will be displayed as an ID
When grouping, invitations and member list will be ids

Updates

Loot
Increased minimum loot for 1-5 player servers to 1800 (was 900)

Drones
Damage reduced to 50% (was 65%)

HUD
Moved compass to top middle of HUD
Compass direction will now update when freelooking and while on vehicles
Added current experience & xp required for next level to HUD

Loading screen
Added new art to loading screen

Compound Event
Added more props around the compound events to help with pushes
Added 2 doors in each corner to enter the compounds

Connection
Increased initial connection timeout to 180 seconds (for lower-end pcs that load the map slower)

Weather system
Reduced duration of "Foggy" weather condition to 7 minutes (was 15 minutes)
Reduced fog amount for "light rain" and "heavy rain" weather conditions

Player Menu
Added user icon next to your own user to find yourself quicker

Inventory
Medical items will now auto-equip if you don't have one in your quick-med

Global Inventory
Fixed an issue causing items to not store correctly in the global inventory when moving items quickly

Group System
Each group member now has a unique colour
Group member icon will turn to a skull when dead
Fixed an issue causing group tags to not correctly show over the head when on smaller resolutions

Death Menu
Added buttons for both north and south safe settlement spawns

Map
Added 3 civilian bunkers to the map
Fixed various fences you could not shoot through
Fixed some trees you could parachute and glitch into

Player
Added additional checks when player spawns to prevent invalid characters being spawned
Improved player hitbox so it's not as bulky

Recoil System
Completely re-worked recoil system which is not FPS dependant
Recoil system now supports patterns for every gun (unique patterns will be implemented in the coming patches)

Combat / Weapons
Added bullet tracers (Still experimental, expect issues)
You can now cancel a reload animation by changing weapons and quick-medding
Fixed an issue causing weapon to reload into 1 bullet when moving items in inventory during a reload

Cheers,
Spotted Kiwi Interactive

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Huge patch ! More loot for small serv is very nice ,recoil change will be cool and serv without groupe is perfect :) 

Yes. Yes. and yes. Good Dev is Good. This game is going places. Good shit Josh

I just wanna say a couple things that i think need to be added to the game that frustrate me right now. I know it’s early just giving my 2 cents. Recoil recovery needs to be added. I shouldn’t have to reset my aim even when i’m tapping. 2-3 places to store loot need to be added throughout the map, like hostile zones that you can die at but are still able to stash loot. Running back to a safezone to stash every time is so annoying. Last thing I wanna add to keep this short is a better event. The fist events aren’t very fun, the only reason I go is for pvp. I want an event that I can look forward to the loot, and something that’s much easier to push, maybe in a town or something. Idk just feels very dry and no point to the game at the moment. Other than that, loving the game. Just don’t wanna see it die just as quick as it started.  

• Upvote 1

I love this patch, the new recoil finally enables you to push better and more offensive. It could use a bit of tweaking though, because many people seem to complain not being able to controll it vertically. BUT PLEASE, dont change it so it gets to easy to kill someone against, which makes people scared to push.

Good job on the compounds aswell, very fun to play them now with all the cover you can take. Not as predictable as before. 

Posted (edited)

Very suspicious game. The price on site $20.Steam sells it for $ 7 in my country) my opinion-the price of the game is too high even on Steam. The map area is very small. Probably won't increase it. It takes a lot of hits on the player to kill. A meager variety of weapons. Sorry for my English)

Edited by Veles

2 hours ago, Veles said:

Very suspicious game. The price on site $20.Steam sells it for $ 7 in my country) my opinion-the price of the game is too high even on Steam. The map area is very small. Probably won't increase it. It takes a lot of hits on the player to kill. A meager variety of weapons. Sorry for my English)

I don't know how the price and map/tdk has anything to do with calling the game suspicious, but keep in mind, this is early access and the game is missing a lot of content that's planned and being developed right now.  We have already pushed more updates in 2 weeks than most AAA games push in 2 months.  We hope that you will continue to watch as we add more and more every couple of weeks.

6 hours ago, Veles said:

Early Access. And go check road map. Everything you said is included there.

Perhaps the translator wasn't working correctly) speaking about the map, I mean the world. At the moment it is 4x4km. Will it be bigger in the future? If so,what will be the scale? And what content do you plan to add to the game in the future? Thanks in advance for your reply)

8 hours ago, Veles said:

Perhaps the translator wasn't working correctly) speaking about the map, I mean the world. At the moment it is 4x4km. Will it be bigger in the future? If so,what will be the scale? And what content do you plan to add to the game in the future? Thanks in advance for your reply)

https://trello.com/b/yGBsrAZF/xera-survival-public-roadmap

Can I assign the right mouse button in the game to aim with a short press? Or give the player a choice of two options: hold the mouse button or a short click?

Very uncomfortable to aim, hold the button and this action is stronger pressing the mouse to the table

17 minutes ago, Veles said:

Can I assign the right mouse button in the game to aim with a short press? Or give the player a choice of two options: hold the mouse button or a short click?

Very uncomfortable to aim, hold the button and this action is stronger pressing the mouse to the table

This has been suggested before.  I'll try to bring it up with the team to see if it's something that they want to implement.  There isn't a high demand for it.

- Только что, - сказал Ледеши.:

Это было предложено ранее. Я постараюсь обсудить это с командой, чтобы увидеть, если это то, что они хотят реализовать. Спрос на него невелик.

Most people do not communicate with the developers and do not talk about their inconveniences in the game. But there are conclusions and, perhaps, because of some nuances of the game will not get. It is desirable that the game is suitable for everyone. Personally I'll wait until the aiming will be comfortable and when choosing a server will be specified ping. Which is probably too high (kill me quick, I don't have a chance) until I play. Good luck in development!

3 minutes ago, Veles said:

Most people do not communicate with the developers and do not talk about their inconveniences in the game. But there are conclusions and, perhaps, because of some nuances of the game will not get. It is desirable that the game is suitable for everyone. Personally I'll wait until the aiming will be comfortable and when choosing a server will be specified ping. Which is probably too high (kill me quick, I don't have a chance) until I play. Good luck in development!

Thanks.  We are doing all we can to bring a good balance to the game as well as get as much content out there for everyone.  You are completely right that there needs to be a little something for everyone and with how many ideas we have on the table (the majority of it being from the community itself), the sky is the limit.  We hope you'll check it out more once things feel right for you.