Midevil

didnt think u could make recoil any worse.

Its not terrible. Its just that the AR-15 is now the go to gun on range and SMG's dominate short range.
So in my experience from playing today mid-rarity bracket weapons are now least viable.

We understand that there is a slight learning curve with the new recoil. We will be adding unique recoil patterns to each gun in next week's patch. 

Right now the recoil is slightly higher than we would like. We will also investigate whether a recoil reset should be implemented.

We appreciate your feedback on the system. We will be polling and reaching out for community feedback next week once you all have had a chance to play with the new system.

@IcedYoshi It's a shame, from the outside this patch was really exciting and I could not wait to test it... Then I played and now I immediately feel forced to take a break from the game until things are fixed.

Compounds - The new props outside of these to make it 'easier' to push in my opinion make it harder. It is too close to the compound and needs to be made further out and scattered. The extra door entrances are great. 

Recoil - Embarrassingly  bad, there is no chance a single player is going to be able to kill multiple e.g. 1v2 1v3 1v4, it is far too high and mixed with the med system and only tree cover you have to fire immensely slower and cannot drop someone as fast as needed in a lot of occasions. 

Tracers - Good idea, but it feels like a forced band-aid fix to the silencer being broken. This currently makes it even harder for solo players mixed with recoil.

Loot - Can you please make it so it is possible to find better loot around the map? I literally ignore every town and go straight to airport / military. This makes the world boring, I'd love to be able to go into a town and have the chance of finding rare loot, it gives me more incentive to look around everywhere and enjoy the map as everywhere has a chance of something, even if lower chance than military / airport etc. 

First person / Non group servers - We don't have enough players for normal servers and are splitting up the community? Why?

PVP Is currently - Find players - Shoot - Give away position - Trade shots until out of meds - Get flanked from the noise and die. 

This happens due to no way to push your opponents, not sure what can be done for this as I know shields are not wanted, but now with the recoil if you're caught in the open you're just going to get destroyed because you can't drop someone fast at all, you have to fire so much slower. Even with the lower recoil before at the 90fps, you'd get dropped in the open, but you have a chance to destroy someone if you can hit headshots, no way is that happening with this system.

Edited by TheStevieJ
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TheStevieJ said:

@IcedYoshi It's a shame, from the outside this patch was really exciting and I could not wait to test it... Then I played and now I immediately feel forced to take a break from the game until things are fixed.

Compounds - The new props outside of these to make it 'easier' to push in my opinion make it harder. It is too close to the compound and needs to be made further out and scattered. The extra door entrances are great. 

Recoil - Embarrassingly  bad, there is no chance a single player is going to be able to kill multiple e.g. 1v2 1v3 1v4, it is far too high and mixed with the med system and only tree cover you have to fire immensely slower and cannot drop someone as fast as needed in a lot of occasions. 

Tracers - Good idea, but it feels like a forced band-aid fix to the silencer being broken. This currently makes it even harder for solo players mixed with recoil.

Loot - Can you please make it so it is possible to find better loot around the map? I literally ignore every town and go straight to airport / military. This makes the world boring, I'd love to be able to go into a town and have the chance of finding rare loot, it gives me more incentive to look around everywhere and enjoy the map as everywhere has a chance of something, even if lower chance than military / airport etc. 

First person / Non group servers - We don't have enough players for normal servers and are splitting up the community? Why?

PVP Is currently - Find players - Shoot - Give away position - Trade shots until out of meds - Get flanked from the noise and die. 

This happens due to no way to push your opponents, not sure what can be done for this as I know shields are not wanted, but now with the recoil if you're caught in the open you're just going to get destroyed because you can't drop someone fast at all, you have to fire so much slower. Even with the lower recoil before at the 90fps, you'd get dropped in the open, but you have a chance to destroy someone if you can hit headshots, no way is that happening with this system.

Agree with absolutely everything you have said.

I thought people were exaggerating when they said the new recoil was bad but after using it today, I honestly can't see myself enjoying PvP like this especially when it's even more challenging to win a fight versus a group when you are solo. The recoil just seems way to much even when I pull my mouse down to try compensate it. I appreciate the effort and quick fix of the recoil bug but this to me just doesn't feel right at all.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TheStevieJ said:

Get good, stop crying. Moaning for moanings sake, play the game, learn the mechanics moan when its been out longer than 24 hours you melt. Everything you've said is based on one side. Melt.

6 hours ago, TheStevieJ said:

About the compound change. 

I think the main difference right now lies in the fact the surface area a team needs to hold has increased and dropping into a compound from the heli is, I feel, much easier. I also think it's more fun this way with the more complex layout. But I agree, pushing from outside of it by foot hasn't changed a whole lot. 

3 hours ago, TheDuke said:

About the compound change. 

I think the main difference right now lies in the fact the surface area a team needs to hold has increased and dropping into a compound from the heli is, I feel, much easier. I also think it's more fun this way with the more complex layout. But I agree, pushing from outside of it by foot hasn't changed a whole lot. 

Yeah I will agree with that, dropping from a helicopter feels quite the bit easier and in general once you are inside the compound, the layout gives you more to move and try to outplay, fully agree!

However as you said, the outside seems to be the same if not worse, and I thought this was suppose to be to help players push?

Either way the game is in Early Access and changes will come and go for better and worse, just have to wait and see what happens.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Screbked said:

Get good, stop crying. Moaning for moanings sake, play the game, learn the mechanics moan when its been out longer than 24 hours you melt. Everything you've said is based on one side. Melt.

These get good comments are soo stupid. You realize you are talking to top 100 players right? Its not about being good, its about a change that we fear as a whole may be bad for the game. These games die quick due to poor changes, and I don't want to wait another 2 years for the next looter shooter.

• Upvote 2

@Midevil you gotta rem this game is still a work in progress,  Recoil is a thing and will need balance worked on at all times down the road.  Besides recoil is a fact of life if you ever expect to jump around and land a bullet on a target give it a shot IRL it doesn't work that way lol.  Also I do not suggest trying this in real life because there is no re-spawn ;)

I'm fine with some tweaks on recoil.

There has to be some skill to it.

I didn't monkey with my FPS, but whatever it was, I had ZERO recoil in-game before.  I could two tap any robot from any distance super easy.

I honestly don't see the big problem with the recoil. 

Most people are still playing on Third person servers. I don't get this whole solo vs Squad balancing mentality. maybe in FP it would make more sense, but in Third person you will just get flanked and killed. I feel the recoil is the least of your worries. Just needs some minute tweaks and it will be fine. 

Tracers, I don't think is a band-aid towards suppressors. But it does help with communication given that the sound in the game isn't 100% pinpoint accurate to describe where something is coming from. I think he is going towards a more FPS game which is why Recoil, Fall off damage, and tracers were added. 

I understand your Loot problem. But that needs to be fixed with events and other incentives rather than just loot. We can't sit here all day complaining about "Increase loot/Descrease Loot". Its such a black and white answer to a more grey area problem. 

On 6/8/2019 at 10:42 PM, TheStevieJ said:

4 hours ago, HaeL said:

I honestly don't see the big problem with the recoil. 

Most people are still playing on Third person servers. I don't get this whole solo vs Squad balancing mentality. maybe in FP it would make more sense, but in Third person you will just get flanked and killed. I feel the recoil is the least of your worries. Just needs some minute tweaks and it will be fine. 

Tracers, I don't think is a band-aid towards suppressors. But it does help with communication given that the sound in the game isn't 100% pinpoint accurate to describe where something is coming from. I think he is going towards a more FPS game which is why Recoil, Fall off damage, and tracers were added. 

I understand your Loot problem. But that needs to be fixed with events and other incentives rather than just loot. We can't sit here all day complaining about "Increase loot/Descrease Loot". Its such a black and white answer to a more grey area problem. 

There is no problem with recoil now that they have thankfully addressed it, the recoil they raised it to was ridiculous. I am fully up for a skill gap, which I'm assuming their unique recoil patterns will add once they arrive in game.

The reason I play games like this are for the fact that they are 3rd person, it's not a mentality it's the fact that a high skilled solo player should be able to outplay a bad group and be able to kill them. Heck, a high tier solo player should stand a chance to even kill a good group if out-aimed and outplayed, the recoil they changed affected this massively because you just cannot drop someone at the rate needed if you're being pushed at multiple angles, and that is due to the recoil being ridiculous mixed with other things, but recoil alone can compensate for the other hindrances. (Once again this has now been changed and recoil is back to where it was). - I'm looking forward to seeing the recoil changes in a proper manner.

You do realise suppressors are bugged? It's nothing to do with the sound being 100% accurate to pinpoint, they are fully broken. I don't actually mind the tracers, they are useful for locating enemy's based on distance, it was the fact that the tracers were added whilst messing with other things which affected PVP massively, which is now resolved.

They plan to add other incentives in time, they don't need to increase / decrease loot, they just need to change the variety of what is found around the place. Currently military / airport is the only thing worth the time, nobody goes looting in towns it's pointless. 

Edited by TheStevieJ

12 hours ago, TheStevieJ said:

There is no problem with recoil now that they have thankfully addressed it, the recoil they raised it to was ridiculous. I am fully up for a skill gap, which I'm assuming their unique recoil patterns will add once they arrive in game.

The reason I play games like this are for the fact that they are 3rd person, it's not a mentality it's the fact that a high skilled solo player should be able to outplay a bad group and be able to kill them. Heck, a high tier solo player should stand a chance to even kill a good group if out-aimed and outplayed, the recoil they changed affected this massively because you just cannot drop someone at the rate needed if you're being pushed at multiple angles, and that is due to the recoil being ridiculous mixed with other things, but recoil alone can compensate for the other hindrances. (Once again this has now been changed and recoil is back to where it was). - I'm looking forward to seeing the recoil changes in a proper manner.

You do realise suppressors are bugged? It's nothing to do with the sound being 100% accurate to pinpoint, they are fully broken. I don't actually mind the tracers, they are useful for locating enemy's based on distance, it was the fact that the tracers were added whilst messing with other things which affected PVP massively, which is now resolved.

They plan to add other incentives in time, they don't need to increase / decrease loot, they just need to change the variety of what is found around the place. Currently military / airport is the only thing worth the time, nobody goes looting in towns it's pointless. 

I understand your problem with small towns. I just think they need incentive to go there. Even redsville is empty now. 

I was talking about normal sounds for gunfire though about directional audio. Joshuas intentions were to make suppressors op. Thats why they reduce damage by 20%. They are strong, but not worth it that much.