Sign in to follow this  
PowerPaulZ

Game is already boring

The game is rather campy due to the huge disatvantage you put yourself in when pushing.
But there are people who really like that...
While many ask for shields to help the agressive player theres also people who ask to remove the insta medding.
There will always be two sides to this and in the end its up to Joshua to decide what is happening next.

Edited by TheDuke

43 minutes ago, xDarrick said:

its not the whole game, it just does not work this way, their long ea journey will be over within 6 months if they continue like this since nobody will care about what they do

EU primetime and we do not even have 350 people playing... this shows exactly how people feel about the game

put GI when u respawn cant bring 3000 players online.

47 minutes ago, xDarrick said:

its not the whole game, it just does not work this way, their long ea journey will be over within 6 months if they continue like this since nobody will care about what they do

EU primetime and we do not even have 350 people playing... this shows exactly how people feel about the game

u played infestation survivor stories, this game never had G.I when u died, and this game had 10.000 players online in his gold times...

Edited by pei_pa_koa
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, pei_pa_koa said:

u played infestation survivor stories, this game never had G.I when u died, and this game had 10.000 players online in his gold times...

what? iss had gi upon respawn lol

48 minutes ago, xDarrick said:

what? iss had gi upon respawn lol

no, ISS never had this option, ISS / warZ from Steam, never had this option. I played ISS / Warz since 2013 on steam.

4 hours ago, pei_pa_koa said:

no, ISS never had this option, ISS / warZ from Steam, never had this option. I played ISS / Warz since 2013 on steam.

It actually had it. You could get your items from your GI when you died and spawn again.

31 minutes ago, Khione said:

It actually had it. You could get your items from your GI when you died and spawn again.

actually yes, but is NEWZ this is another DEV team, the original ISS / Warz , never had this option, and NEWZ now have less than 800 players online

Infestation survivor stories Classic is the original ISS / Warz, and this never had that option

Edited by pei_pa_koa

3 hours ago, pei_pa_koa said:

actually yes, but is NEWZ this is another DEV team, the original ISS / Warz , never had this option, and NEWZ now have less than 800 players online

Infestation survivor stories Classic is the original ISS / Warz, and this never had that option

I hope you are kidding right now. I never played NewZ but ISS/WarZ always had that option. I used to pvp at clearview and always spawned back with my items.

38 minutes ago, Khione said:

I hope you are kidding right now. I never played NewZ but ISS/WarZ always had that option. I used to pvp at clearview and always spawned back with my items.

Right ISS/Warz allways had that option, i play warz since his first day on alpha!

Edited by MaycoG

2 hours ago, Khione said:

I can't remember, but I thought the old ISS 2013 doesn't had that option, but idk

25 minutes ago, pei_pa_koa said:

I can't remember, but I thought the old ISS 2013 doesn't had that option, but idk

you say warz/iss never had it and now you say you can't remember... sheesh way to go completely retarded in a discussion

WarZ had tons more players with huge amount of cheaters and many bugs.......this game has no cheaterproblem(they are there but not really rampant) and not many bugs but can´t manage to get more players online than NewZ.......and that game is considered dead.

WarZ and ISS had a good balancing of loot, you would be happy to get custom and kstyle(best armor and helmet in the game) and you would not log after killing 1 or 2 mediumgeared players. And you could find fights everywhere on the map because when you found 1 or 2 it could go on for hours until one side decides to not spawn back. You had teams battle each other for hours......

In this game when we were 4 there was never an intense battle........They had the jump on us or we on them. No spawning back, no intense fight, no real fun(at least for me).

Some might enjoy camping and then slaughter the bambis while camping the rest of the loot.........I do not.

I enjoyed watching Artemis, Dakotaz, or some PVP-Montages in WarZ and ISS but in this game whenever I see a montage it´s 70% of the time hold down crouchbutton and spray someone in the back. At this point no one will try out the game after watching a Montage of it.

Will the game get big and great if they give us shields, or the option to spawn back with gear........I don´t know but i can say I know a at least 5 people that would be back.

On 6/14/2019 at 9:17 AM, PowerPaulZ said:

Dude in WarZ i wiped Clans up to 10man and not even once but many times.... Of course it´s always harder against more people but in this game if you are solo and the 4man team flanks you far, you have 0 chance. Longer med cooldown with less HP gain and useless 1sek delay to be able to shoot again and no shields......but this would have been ok for me if I would get another chance to fight.

But if you miss the heli it can take up to 15-20min to get back to where the fight was and there is no fight anymore..... All my friends have already quit the game because they are not as good as me in this games and they can´t even 1v2 let alone 1v3 or 1v4.

And camping never was that big of a deal in WarZ/ISS/SS but in this game with 5x Headshotdamage and Thirdpersonpreaim the kill is 99% safe on one dude. And if you look at the playerbase you can clearly see that i wasn´t the only one thinking that way. If you kill 3 out of 4 there is a big chance if you would come back geared you can kill all 4 but as it is now you lost everything and have no chance to fight because their buddy will camp the loot and you can´t pick your shit and finding gear to fight is like a lottery in this game.

You talk so big all the time it's ridiculous. You have 10 K hours on ISS and you think that makes you more capable of knowing what's good for the game? I just watched some of your montages and you are not even a skilled player. But thats not important. 

Important is that for a solo player the respawn system is actually good. So whenever you fight a 3 man group solo and you kill lets say two of them you have some time to play around to kill the last one. If these people could just instantly respawn with gear and drones you would have such a hard time. Especially with drones out there it would be so annoying. People would just come back immediatly and drone kill you cause they have your position. 

You have to understand that this is not iss. It has a lot of elements from iss but at the same time it tries to be unique in its own way. 

I actually dont believe that a lot of players left the game because they cant reequipp instantly after death.  

These are my reasons:

--> Map is small and very boring , nothing much to do and even places like the airport is designed very poorly

--> The loot is boring and you don't have these "omg i found a sig sauer556" feelings from iss. 

--> Guns are not balanced at all. Why is an Ar-15 as viable as a scar or honey badger. This gun spawns like crazy compared to all others and can still compete       with them. this is also a reason why you are not that hyped about finding a scar or sth. cause it's not really better than common guns. 

--> SNIPERS ARE TO RARE. Why are they even in the game? I bet that a lot of people that played this game never got their hands on a sniper rifle before they         quit. and this is what makes pvp games amazing. rare guns that you can use from time to time that are more op than other guns. it gives you thrills when         you bring them out and also       killing people having these type of guns is the best feeling you can get in a video game. remember when you stashed your         first sniper in iss? it's an amazing feeling. but in this game you can't even find these type of guns.  It's okay that they are rare. I think thats good. But at the         moment they are so rare you might as well take them out of the game. 

--> Dynamic Weather is annoying as hell. 90 % of the time it's either night time, fog or raining. it should be sth. like this: 1 hour daytime , 30 minutes nighttime.       20 % fog or rain or sth. At the moment it feels like weather and time of the day changes  every minute. 

-->  Spawnrates of t3 helmet is way to low and you also should be able to find rares on the ground from time to time. I played this game 80 hours or so and i            never found a t3 helmet. I only got them from pvp. It makes fun finding these type of items sometimes. The lootables in general are boring and                            spawnrates are not good as i mentioned before.                       

I hope that some of these things change in the future because the game itself has a lot of potential. Good luck :)

Edited by survivorskillZ

44 minutes ago, survivorskillZ said:

You talk so big all the time it's ridiculous. You have 10 K hours on ISS and you think that makes you more capable of knowing what's good for the game? I just watched some of your montages and you are not even a skilled player. But thats not important. 

Important is that for a solo player the respawn system is actually good. So whenever you fight a 3 man group solo and you kill lets say two of them you have some time to play around to kill the last one. If these people could just instantly respawn with gear and drones you would have such a hard time. Especially with drones out there it would be so annoying. People would just come back immediatly and drone kill you cause they have your position. 

You have to understand that this is not iss. It has a lot of elements from iss but at the same time it tries to be unique in its own way. 

I actually dont believe that a lot of players left the game because they cant reequipp instantly after death.  

These are my reasons:

--> Map is small and very boring , nothing much to do and even places like the airport is designed very poorly

--> The loot is boring and you don't have these "omg i found a sig sauer556" feelings from iss. 

--> Guns are not balanced at all. Why is an Ar-15 as viable as a scar or honey badger. This gun spawns like crazy compared to all others and can still compete       with them. this is also a reason why you are not that hyped about finding a scar or sth. cause it's not really better than common guns. 

--> SNIPERS ARE TO RARE. Why are they even in the game? I bet that a lot of people that played this game never got their hands on a sniper rifle before they         quit.

and this is what makes pvp games amazing. rare guns that you can use from time to time that are more op than other guns. it gives you thrills when you           bring them out and also       killing people having these type of guns is the best feeling you can get in a video game. remember when you stashed your first       sniper in iss? it's an amazing feeling. but in this game you can't even find these type of guns.  It's okay that they are rare. I think thats good. But at the                 moment they are so rare you might as well take them out of the game. 

--> Dynamic Weather is annoying as hell. 90 % of the time it's either night time, fog or raining. it should be sth. like this: 1 hour daytime , 30 minutes nighttime.       20 % fog or rain or sth. At the moment it feels like weather and time of the day changes           every minute. 

-->  Spawnrates of t3 helmet is way to low and you also should be able to find rares on the ground from time to time. I played this game 80 hours or so and i            never found a t3 helmet. I only got them from pvp. It makes fun finding these type of items sometimes. The lootables in general are boring and                            spawnrates are not good as i mentioned before.                       

I hope that some of these things change in the future because the game itself has a lot of potential. Good luck :)

While I agree with some things you have mentioned the part where you trashtalk me is funny because you mention how hard it would be with drones......I am not skilled but it seems that i am capable of shooting drones out of the sky and you are not...... And to the part with the big talk, I never said and will never say that I am the best player but in WarZ there were many players capable of wiping a big team.....and the 10000 hours speak for itself.....how long a game can be entertaining.

And I never said I know 100% why the game is going donwhill...... But for me and my friends it was not being able to spawn back after getting killed.......And solo this game is pure AIDS......you have to camp 80% of the time.

8 hours ago, survivorskillZ said:

These are my reasons:

--> SNIPERS ARE TO RARE. Why are they even in the game? I bet that a lot of people that played this game never got their hands on a sniper rifle before they         quit. and this is what makes pvp games amazing. rare guns that you can use from time to time that are more op than other guns. it gives you thrills when         you bring them out and also       killing people having these type of guns is the best feeling you can get in a video game. remember when you stashed your         first sniper in iss? it's an amazing feeling. but in this game you can't even find these type of guns.  It's okay that they are rare. I think thats good. But at the         moment they are so rare you might as well take them out of the game. 

--> Dynamic Weather is annoying as hell. 90 % of the time it's either night time, fog or raining. it should be sth. like this: 1 hour daytime , 30 minutes nighttime.       20 % fog or rain or sth. At the moment it feels like weather and time of the day changes  every minute. 

I agree.

FYI they super nerfed the loot on low pop servers.  So people go to high pop to PVP, then when they rotate back to low pop to loot....................there's very little loot there unless you're going to Military or Airfield.  So everyone in low pop goes there, you get killed more, have to farm longer, it gets boring.

Since the loot nerf I haven't played much.  My friends haven't suggested we play Xera either (and 3 others own it).  This past week is the first week I have played ZERO hours of Xera.

They need to revert the loot nerf.  Normal loot on both high pop and low pop.  They can make some of the rare guns more available on high pop.  That would get me and my friends playing again.

p.s.  I'm still mystified as to why the devs are watching this HUGE player base loss............and the only real negative change to the game was the low pop loot nerf.  Change it back before you lose everyone please :(

52 minutes ago, AirborneLawnDart said:

I agree.

FYI they super nerfed the loot on low pop servers.  So people go to high pop to PVP, then when they rotate back to low pop to loot....................there's very little loot there unless you're going to Military or Airfield.  So everyone in low pop goes there, you get killed more, have to farm longer, it gets boring.

Since the loot nerf I haven't played much.  My friends haven't suggested we play Xera either (and 3 others own it).  This past week is the first week I have played ZERO hours of Xera.

They need to revert the loot nerf.  Normal loot on both high pop and low pop.  They can make some of the rare guns more available on high pop.  That would get me and my friends playing again.

p.s.  I'm still mystified as to why the devs are watching this HUGE player base loss............and the only real negative change to the game was the low pop loot nerf.  Change it back before you lose everyone please :(

The loot nerf was reverted over a week ago...........A lot of people are waiting for the new events to be added so there is more to do.  These are on the way, but being a small team, it does take time to code in.

38 minutes ago, IcedYoshi said:

The loot nerf was reverted over a week ago...........A lot of people are waiting for the new events to be added so there is more to do.  These are on the way, but being a small team, it does take time to code in.

Thanks for the update.  Do you have some post where it shows low pop and high pop loot are 100% the same now?  Not counting snipers, aks, etc.  Just MP5, Armor, ARs, Helmets, etc.

Just now, AirborneLawnDart said:

Thanks for the update.  Do you have some post where it shows low pop and high pop loot are 100% the same now?  Not counting snipers, aks, etc.  Just MP5, Armor, ARs, Helmets, etc.

They are not the same, however they have been increased significantly.

https://steamcommunity.com/games/XERA/announcements/detail/1587996099251874241

1 minute ago, IcedYoshi said:

They are not the same, however they have been increased significantly.

https://steamcommunity.com/games/XERA/announcements/detail/1587996099251874241

Can you let them know that's the one reason we're not playing right now?

The number of people playing has gone down significantly starting with the exact date of the loot nerf.  That's not a coincidence.

Just revert it totally.  Nobody complained about "too much loot" in low pops.  There's no reason for the nerf.

Also what's max loot?  There seems to be several different opinions in the forums.

Can you let them know that's the one reason we're not playing right now?

The number of people playing has gone down significantly starting with the exact date of the loot nerf.  That's not a coincidence.

Just revert it totally.  Nobody complained about "too much loot" in low pops.  There's no reason for the nerf.

Also what's max loot?  There seems to be several different opinions in the forums.

2200 for a server of 35

So close, no cigar yet....lol

Keep in mind, loot has always been scaled based on population.  At no time was it ever the same.  As a matter of fact during alpha, servers under 5 people were less than it is today.  This was changed due to feedback and honestly, I have yet to have any trouble looting full backpacks in the military areas on a low pop server.

loot should be the same on every pop

looter shooters were always -> low pop farm and high pop pvp....

its stupid like this... well the playerbase speaks for itself...

18 hours ago, IcedYoshi said:

I mean yeah he started to make the game alone but the game had everything to get big. A high amount of viewer, good reputation and also a good amount of player base for early access.  But I also have to say, making something alone in Unreal Engine is not that hard since UE made everything easy with blueprints and assets shops.

But what I wanted to say, he had the chance to hire 2-3 more people which can help him, I don't know if he did but fixing the main problems won't take months to do.

When I checked the threads and reviews on steam then I literally see that this game is not a Survival game. Also, most comments in the forums are about hardcore PVP. I don't know how other people think but when I see a Survival game then I think about Miscreated or DayZ. No Global Inventory and when you die, you lose everything. Xera technically has nothing to do with Survival in my eyes, but that is just my personal opinions.

1 hour ago, Bob said:

I mean yeah he started to make the game alone but the game had everything to get big. A high amount of viewer, good reputation and also a good amount of player base for early access.  But I also have to say, making something alone in Unreal Engine is not that hard since UE made everything easy with blueprints and assets shops.

But what I wanted to say, he had the chance to hire 2-3 more people which can help him, I don't know if he did but fixing the main problems won't take months to do.

When I checked the threads and reviews on steam then I literally see that this game is not a Survival game. Also, most comments in the forums are about hardcore PVP. I don't know how other people think but when I see a Survival game then I think about Miscreated or DayZ. No Global Inventory and when you die, you lose everything. Xera technically has nothing to do with Survival in my eyes, but that is just my personal opinions.

exactly, xera is a looter shooter -> at least it was in the eyes of hundreds

it has good stuff, but the annoying stuff just overweighs the good things...

it is not even that hard to get players to like this game and grow.... but just meh... camp crouch pvp cause ttk is over 9000 and no way to protect/play against it... -> boring AF to watch on twitch if somebody respawns and the heli flies away the same second... you can either watch him play a running simulator or go shave your nutsack if he waits for the next randocopter... -> please randocopter whiteknights tell me otherwise - you make the game big :)

Edited by xDarrick