Sign in to follow this  
IcedYoshi

Community Poll - What should be in the next patch? Let's get your thoughts!

Greetings survivors! We need your feedback on what you would like to see in the next patch. Based on community suggestions and feedback, we have created a poll for you to vote on what should be in the next patch!

Visit https://strawpoll.com/351hcae2 and voice your opinion today!

voted for new event, also wanna see a bit new content

Posted (edited)

there are points missing:

a) mechanics against campers - shields  or whatever (stuff that can be used and show skill of individuals)

b) ttk - current ttk only encourages camping

the current problem is that nothing is real fun, especially for solo or duo people -> in warz/iss you could take out teams through skill -> in xera you get slaughtered except you participate in camp/ctrl pvp and that is boring af.... every single montage or video of xera pvp is the same and boring

Edited by xDarrick

5 hours ago, xDarrick said:

a) mechanics against campers - shields  or whatever (stuff that can be used and show skill of individuals)

the current problem is that nothing is real fun, especially for solo or duo people -> in warz/iss you could take out teams through skill -> in xera you get slaughtered except you participate in camp/ctrl pvp and that is boring af.... every single montage or video of xera pvp is the same and boring

Yeah, in Xera it's very hard to PVP being solo against squads. True.

13 hours ago, xDarrick said:

I quit mainly because of this.
Loved the nostalgia i got from playing this , and I still love the concept as it is the same as it was in WarZ, Aftermath and Shattered Skies.
But the massive advantage that goes to the passive players just destroys it for me.
Sitting in the forest waiting for some people to walk by is almost a guarantied win (unless you're a massive potatoe) whilst running around in the forest or cities yourself is like rolling the dice.
This then results in the game being extra hard on solo's who do not want to camp.
It also makes it so whenever you push in a city the odds someone is camping something are high. Which means the chance you get 3th partied is also high. And again, theres no way to counterplay someone backstabbing you. Nothing you can really do about it.

Posted (edited)

every game out there that is not enjoyable solo or duo is going to die very fast - there is no exception and instead of growing in early access xera is already dead meat instead of 1000s players enjoying it...

and pls whiteknights.. spare the we are in ea crap, you have no clue - a game either grows or dies in ea and xera is nearly dead

but i guess they rather work on content like their camp(e)vents instead of fun gameplay 

gameplay > everything else

Edited by xDarrick

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, xDarrick said:

every game out there that is not enjoyable solo or duo is going to die very fast - there is no exception and instead of growing in early access xera is already dead meat instead of 1000s players enjoying it...

and pls whiteknights.. spare the we are in ea crap, you have no clue - a game either grows or dies in ea and xera is nearly dead

but i guess they rather work on content like their camp(e)vents instead of fun gameplay 

gameplay > everything else

Games can find new life upon full release. It all depends on how good it will be at that stage and whether or not we reach it. Most games don't leave early access all together.

Edited by TheDuke

1 hour ago, TheDuke said:

Games can find new life upon full release. It all depends on how good it will be at that stage and whether or not we reach it. Most games don't leave early access all together.

thats a no brainer, if funds run out and EA does not create enough income its over, dunno if the team is working for air and love but i would certainly not

games that make it out of early access are games with a growing playerbase... not games that have 50 players for weeks, it just shows that something is missing and the team thinks its content and campvents instead of actual gameplay...

14 hours ago, xDarrick said:

thats a no brainer, if funds run out and EA does not create enough income its over, dunno if the team is working for air and love but i would certainly not

games that make it out of early access are games with a growing playerbase... not games that have 50 players for weeks, it just shows that something is missing and the team thinks its content and campvents instead of actual gameplay...

Joshua has invested quite a bit of time into this project already and is passionate about it. So no, I don't think he will drop it that fast. Even if it might be the best thing to do from a business perspective, which i am not even so sure it is for a single dev.

i cant hear these "Oh its impossible to play solo against squads" anymore .. there are plenty of ways to play with other people like Discord or Forum.. If there is no one to play with go loot and go make pvp if people are up to play with you. Shields or other thing from Warz/Iss has nothing to do with Skill. If your a good player with high amount of skill you can easily kill a 4 man squad even without shields. In pubg there are no Shield or something like that and look Shroud or any other pro gamer who do Solo vs squad and wins with 30+ kills..

Who is stupid enough to go solo on a 35 pop server? After your dead you cry like "oh 1vs4 this game is so stupid you cant do shit as solo player" go low pop server and do pvp there at loot spots or find player to play with..

In my opinion the game need something that all player can enjoy .. Like rework airport poi or new crafting recipts. No one need a trading system right now because there maybe 6-7 players who trade atm or new events where you need 5+ people to spawn them. 

Posted (edited)
On 7/6/2019 at 3:26 PM, derTisch said:

i cant hear these "Oh its impossible to play solo against squads" anymore .. there are plenty of ways to play with other people like Discord or Forum.. If there is no one to play with go loot and go make pvp if people are up to play with you. Shields or other thing from Warz/Iss has nothing to do with Skill. If your a good player with high amount of skill you can easily kill a 4 man squad even without shields. In pubg there are no Shield or something like that and look Shroud or any other pro gamer who do Solo vs squad and wins with 30+ kills..

Who is stupid enough to go solo on a 35 pop server? After your dead you cry like "oh 1vs4 this game is so stupid you cant do shit as solo player" go low pop server and do pvp there at loot spots or find player to play with..

In my opinion the game need something that all player can enjoy .. Like rework airport poi or new crafting recipts. No one need a trading system right now because there maybe 6-7 players who trade atm or new events where you need 5+ people to spawn them. 

Even though i agree grouping up is easy and something anyone can do it is also worth nothing some people prefer playing solo or duo. But then again yes, there were (since im not sure about the current situation) servers for that.
Killing a full squad alone is very much doable if you decide to camp and play around a building.
To say you have a chance getting caught of alone in a forest by 4 guys whom have decent aim and are hugging is a winable situation is just ridiculous. Obviously thats not going to happen all the time, but you get my point. Running into a full camping squad as a solo is not doable (unless they're just terrible players). The only option is to play passive yourself or wait for two groups to fight before engaging.

Its also worth nothing that shields did increase the skillcap in these games. They add a whole new dimension to the PvP. I'm not saying i think we should each have a 50 stack and throw them all over the place. They would have to have enough rarity so the average amount a player takes out isn't obnoctious and the decision to use them effectively in combat needs to be a well considered decision.
I believe the increased skillcap, among some other factors, could indeed put many people off. So thats why i understand the choice to not implement them from a development perspective. But to say shields have 'nothing to do with skill', thats simply not true.

Edited by TheDuke