Joshua

Free Look Camera Limits

Free Look Camera Limits  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Should the free look camera be limited?

• 360°
    • Limited

Hi everyone,

I am in the process of implementing the free look camera & I would like to gauge the community's thoughts on this.

The question being, should the free look be limited or should it be 360°.

Please vote & feel free to discuss below

Cheers :)

• Upvote 3

I think that the Camera should be limited so you are only able to look left and right.
Having the ability to look behind you ruins one part of the gameplay:

You can no longer sneak up on people when you are able to look behind you.

Able to look 360° is fine for me too, just giving me honest opinion about the situation ;)

Edited by Havi
  • Upvote 4

I think 360 fits better for fast paced pvp games but if you want this game to be somewhat realistic and a little slower paced then go with limited.

I would hate to try to sneak up to somebody with a shotgun just to get killed and find out he saw me long time ago with 360 free look.

I mean what's so difficult about to look around using your mouse, that way people can somewhat tell what direction you are looking at.

To me limited is just fair.

Hope this helps <3

• Upvote 3

I think on normal servers 360 should be aloud, but hard core servers a more realistic limited view should be used.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Havi said:

I think that the Camera should be limited so you are only able to look left and right.

Able to look 360° is fine for me too, just giving me honest opinion about the situation ;)

I pretty much agree with Havi, though being able to see behind you is relieving.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Havi said:

^pretty much this. I like being able to sneak up on people. Knowing if I been spotted by forcing them to turn around makes it feel a bit more "real". Then again I also like baiting people in by pretending I didn't see them sneaking up with a "360" camera option.  I still prefer the first option, but understand & will get used to either creative route. Keep up the great work 👍

• Upvote 1

360 imo but u still have to turn your character to shoot so the realism is still there but if its 3rd person then it needs 360 imo 

• Upvote 2

On 7/30/2017 at 3:02 PM, pracuras said:

360 imo but u still have to turn your character to shoot so the realism is still there but if its 3rd person then it needs 360 imo 

Completely agree, First person should be limited, third person should be 360. 

• Upvote 1

Didnt put much effort into the painting, but hope you get it, its my opinion about this. its more realistic, cause humans can look 360* but most of us gets blurry vision straight behind us cause we only watch with one eye in that angle. Pls pm me if you dont understand.

asdadad.png

• Upvote 2

That really wouldn't be a bad ideal at all, I wonder if it would be hard to implement lol.

• Upvote 1

I prefer the "Limited Freelook", just because it makes it more realistic and you or others can still sneak on people without them looking 360 degrees around them and spotting you. And turning your head 360 degrees isn't that good for your neck.

• Thanks 1

True, but people still do it anyways. I will be okay with both due to being limited depending on the games. I know tons of people who do not even use it at all which really bothers me so I bet you still will be able to sneak up on most people! Lol, I would be okay with anything.

• Thanks 1

i would say make it limited to left and right but not a full 360 for a more realistic look.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2017-08-04 at 1:25 AM, auki said:

I prefer the "Limited Freelook", just because it makes it more realistic and you or others can still sneak on people without them looking 360 degrees around them and spotting you. And turning your head 360 degrees isn't that good for your neck.

I  mean to be able to look 360 degrees not turn head 360 degrees :) 140 degrees is what a  person can turn normally isch

• Thanks 1

On 7/30/2017 at 5:23 PM, Havi said:

I agree with Havi, allowing players to look around 360 would completely destroy the fun-fact of sneaking up on players. 

Sniper camping on a hill? Remember the joy and intensity of slowly sneaking up on him knowing he has no idea?