Hey boys, haven't gotten to play yet, or watched THAT many livestreams, and so far I haven't seen any shields. Was just wondering if with the "minimal crafting system" that would be in the game, if you would be able to craft like different tier shields and such? :)

• Upvote 1

This might be an option in the future. If barricades were implemented there would be a 5-10 second place time & it will cancel if you are damaged. This will prevent them being used in combat.

• Upvote 1

On 31/07/2017 at 8:21 AM, Joshua said:

This might be an option in the future. If barricades were implemented there would be a 5-10 second place time & it will cancel if you are damaged. This will prevent them being used in combat.

I personally prefer the idea of some sort of shield, as if you decide to exclude them it will just encourage camping and aggressive players won't be rewarded and have such a hard time.. With the amount of buildings and surroundings i personally believe some sort of shield is needed, even if it's destroyed in like 10 bullets, and automatically degrades.

• Haha 1

On 7/31/2017 at 8:21 AM, Joshua said:

Perfect

go and play ISS - NEW Z , SMMO   , plz no shields no Macro fk

I'm not a fan of shields, unless it's in Rainbow Six: Siege. It just doesn't make sense in this type of game imo.......at least not anytime soon.

Please no, that's gonna turn into a sandbox survival where you just pick guns and shield cause people are afraid to die. I'm really not a fan of it at all.

Shields are fine as long as they are implemented in the way Joshua intends to implement them the only OP thing about shields in games like WarZ is that they can creat instant cover at any time which isn't a problem whatsoever when they need some time to be placed.

But they support camping which is why I hope to see granates or smokes which aren't to hard to obtain as a countermeasure. Maybe rare HE nades and common smokes.

Edited by MLP HomuraZ

9 hours ago, MLP HomuraZ said:

Shields are fine as long as they are implemented in the way Joshua intends to implement them the only OP thing about shields in games like WarZ is that they can creat instant cover at any time which isn't a problem whatsoever when they need some time to be placed.

But they support camping which is why I hope to see granates or smokes which aren't to hard to obtain as a countermeasure. Maybe rare HE nades and common smokes.

Explosive drones also help ;)

Please do not implement shields,They're horrible this game is the one thing i was looking forward to playing pvp on and not have 5 shields spammed in my face like "other games" lol

just for the love of god no shields lol.

I would love to see shields just adds another level of skill instead of dying instantly. It would be great!

8 hours ago, shrive said:

I would love to see shields just adds another level of skill instead of dying instantly. It would be great!

Shields aint skill sir sorry to say,Anyone can set up macros and spam shields to hide behind :D the real skill comes when you dont need shields.

2 hours ago, Nevakonaza said:

Shields aint skill sir sorry to say,Anyone can set up macros and spam shields to hide behind :D the real skill comes when you dont need shields.

Yes, the real skill comes from people camping, being unable to push them and them holding a right peak, you're right, getting shot in the back with no counter play requires mad skill. I vote for shields and no placement time, you die way too quick.. 

16 minutes ago, Pixl said:

Yes, the real skill comes from people camping, being unable to push them and them holding a right peak, you're right, getting shot in the back with no counter play requires mad skill. I vote for shields and no placement time, you die way too quick.. 

That's why shields with major limitations is a good idea.  Like being able to place one every 10 seconds or so.  Or making sure the shields have very low hp.

5 hours ago, Backyback said:

That's why shields with major limitations is a good idea.  Like being able to place one every 10 seconds or so.  Or making sure the shields have very low hp.

Yeah that sounds look a good idea, limit to 2-3 every 5-10 minutes, or they get took down in like 5 bullets.

Yes shield is a good idea to counter camper :D (PUSH MODE)

Account Alert for steam - 13 May 2019
A product code that activated the account was revoked by the distributor:

Feb 12
XERA for Beta Testing ?

Nordestino,

We just posted an announcement.  Your early access key will come in an email when we enter early access as the alpha has ended.