4 hours ago, AirborneLawnDart said:

I'm fine if you can only carry 1-2 shields at a time and they take 10-30 seconds to place (and get cancelled if you take damage).

It gives more variety to stronghold gameplay.  Maybe you push, maybe you don't.  Maybe you just try to snipe people out of their stronghold.

Shields that require 10-30 seconds to place are interesting.... but that wouldn't be addressing the concern voiced here. What people are talking about are shields as an instant defensive measure. There are some ridiculously open areas in the map (which I assume will be addressed at some point). I'm fine with a few open areas, but with ARs being hitscan, capable of lazer beaming people at 200m I think they should be few and far between.

7 hours ago, insano said:

Shields that require 10-30 seconds to place are interesting.... but that wouldn't be addressing the concern voiced here. What people are talking about are shields as an instant defensive measure. There are some ridiculously open areas in the map (which I assume will be addressed at some point). I'm fine with a few open areas, but with ARs being hitscan, capable of lazer beaming people at 200m I think they should be few and far between.

I finally figured out how to use quote......lol

My major concern with instant placement is they have it in Rust with walls.  It feels more like Fortnite while people spam build forts they can fight out of.

I really don't see a lot of PVP in open zones unless there's an airdrop nearby.  Most people PVP in and around the cities.

Add insta-place shields make them take around 8 shots to break and make them abundant. They add skill to the game by causing people who just camp all day to have to hit headshots if they want to instant kill jump people and allow aggressive players to take the fight to the campers adding a whole different style of play to the game.

Shields are a must. There are so many work arounds you can do. taking 5-10 seconds to place is really just awful idea an defeats the whole purpose of it. We wanted it to act like a defensive measure incase caught out in open.

camping is absolute ridiculus in atm.... even one player is enough to kill you nearly instant in the open.... but when a whole team camps you woulden´t even be able to survive that if meds would have no cooldown....

In my opinion there is nearly never intense pvp..... i had only 2 intense fights in the nearly 80 hours i played the game

It´s camp and the enemy player is instakill or get camped and instakill...... no fight and no comming back. The game is trash for solo players, because even with the meds you can´t fight back, so only in a team thats viable. You juke and med and your teammates shoot at the player shooting you, solo you just die.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

I would dislike the idea of shields. Outplay mechanics in other fashions can be made.

Its just so unnatural to add shields. If the map is well made and you fix the throwable items and add Smokes and Molotovs, you won't need shields. 

For example, big buildings that are used as camping spots where groups kill people from many directions in. Make it where you can enter through the front, side, and back and maybe even climb up a ladder and enter from a hole up top. 

Adding shields is just too unnatural and imo, impractical. The other games can keep the shields. I've said this before in another topic about this. There are plenty of other Third-person-shooter games that don't take the lazy route of adding barricades/shields. 

Not to mention. You guys are also forgetting if Vehicles get implemented. There's your shield right there. 

Edited by HaeL

2 hours ago, HaeL said:

I would dislike the idea of shields. Outplay mechanics in other fashions can be made.

Its just so unnatural to add shields. If the map is well made and you fix the throwable items and add Smokes and Molotovs, you won't need shields. 

For example, big buildings that are used as camping spots where groups kill people from many directions in. Make it where you can enter through the front, side, and back and maybe even climb up a ladder and enter from a hole up top. 

Adding shields is just too unnatural and imo, impractical. The other games can keep the shields. I've said this before in another topic about this. There are plenty of other Third-person-shooter games that don't take the lazy route of adding barricades/shields. 

Not to mention. You guys are also forgetting if Vehicles get implemented. There's your shield right there. 

There is way too many open areas and how quick some weapons can burn you down in combat. Its literally a standoff of who goes first an dies or who has the larger team to push.

Shields can be done right so they aren't insanely overpowered where someone is carrying like 10 of them or something. Could make them squishy to damage and heavy, could make them short so you have to crouch

• Confused 1

20 hours ago, Dizzy said:

There is way too many open areas and how quick some weapons can burn you down in combat. Its literally a standoff of who goes first an dies or who has the larger team to push.

Shields can be done right so they aren't insanely overpowered where someone is carrying like 10 of them or something. Could make them squishy to damage and heavy, could make them short so you have to crouch

I'd be extremely sad if shields were added into the game like that. I find it to be somewhat arbitrary and a lazy solution. If the map improves with obstacles as well as other things like vehicles and different types of grenades. I don't see the need for shields. Its just a fancy way of creating a new wall and being in the same situation you were previously in. 

• Confused 1

SI YO CREO QUE LOS ESCUDOS VENDRÍAN MUY BIEN EN ESTE JUEGO APOYO LA IDEA A FULL

10 hours ago, HaeL said:

I'd be extremely sad if shields were added into the game like that. I find it to be somewhat arbitrary and a lazy solution. If the map improves with obstacles as well as other things like vehicles and different types of grenades. I don't see the need for shields. Its just a fancy way of creating a new wall and being in the same situation you were previously in. 

Somewhat true, Shields could make a place without being way overpowered and game breaking if done right. Like I said, there isn't a whole lot of cover in certain places of the map...Which I think they are trying to figure out how to add more content to the map to give it life and more looting spots.

If they dont want shields, they could just make Headshot damage 3.5x or 4x and body armor values up to 20-28% and it would even out a bit so you don't die so quickly. We aren't gunning here for extreme realism.

We need shields. Currently it's just a camp fiesta.

I understand that the drones are made for this purpose but it's not effective or quick gameplay.

On 7/31/2017 at 4:21 AM, Joshua said:

This might be an option in the future. If barricades were implemented there would be a 5-10 second place time & it will cancel if you are damaged. This will prevent them being used in combat.

Yessss ♥ u must be add this!

On 7/31/2017 at 8:21 AM, Joshua said:

This might be an option in the future. If barricades were implemented there would be a 5-10 second place time & it will cancel if you are damaged. This will prevent them being used in combat.

Can you explain about: ( it will cancel if you are damaged. This will prevent them being used in combat.)