Joshua

PVP Reputation System - Give your opinion & thoughts

Hi all,

As you may know already - the implementation of a PVP reputation system is planned. While I have some ideas of how I want to implement it, I want get the community's thoughts on how it should be implemented.

Please give me your thoughts & opinions on how you think it should be implemented below :)

Cheers!

• Thanks 1

Hello,

Here's my feedback regarding the Reputation System.

I think you should be able to go positive or negative. In able to get people more interested in the Reputation System, we could actually add something like a cosmetic set for the positive or negative path. Positive should look like a kind of Police Cosmetic set and Negative should look like a rogue looking set. These two are just ideas. If this goes through, we could discuss on how exactly it should look like. 

A leaderboard regarding Reputation would be nice but I know this requires quite some work. So people have some kind of competition and something to work forward to. I think many people would love to see this.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Hi,

as a competative player, i've experienced a ton of different kinds of ranking systems, but as I explained in the discord, I feel like the idea i had was a pretty good base.

Having brackets like, 0-500 rating (gain 3 points for higher brackets/lose 1 point to people same bracket) 501-1000 (gain 1 for killing lower brackets/gain 2 for killing same bracket/lose 2 to same or lower) 1001-1500 (gain 3 for same bracket, 1 for lower brackets/ lose 3 for lower brackets, lose 3 to same or lower)

Cosmetic unlocks or some sort of reward every 250 rating you gain, with better rewards for every bracket you unlock
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Banana said:

Hi,

as a competative player, i've experienced a ton of different kinds of ranking systems, but as I explained in the discord, I feel like the idea i had was a pretty good base.

Having brackets like, 0-500 rating (gain 3 points for higher brackets/lose 1 point to people same bracket) 501-1000 (gain 1 for killing lower brackets/gain 2 for killing same bracket/lose 2 to same or lower) 1001-1500 (gain 3 for same bracket, 1 for lower brackets/ lose 3 for lower brackets, lose 3 to same or lower)

Cosmetic unlocks or some sort of reward every 250 rating you gain, with better rewards for every bracket you unlock

its a very good idea but i dont like that one of reputation system.. there people who cant play all day or they are not good at the game and they should not stuck in the lower brackets .. i like more the idea of some ranks like thug outlow bandit and good ranks like constable deputy Lawmen. so that even if u bad u can get the high ranks while playing a long time. thats just my idea and your idea is great aswell ;) 

Edited by derTisch
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, derTisch said:

its a very good idea but i dont like that one of reputation system.. there people who cant play all day or they are not good at the game and they should not stuck in the lower brackets .. i like more the idea of some ranks like thug outlow bandit and good ranks like constable deputy Lawmen. so that even if u bad u can get the high ranks while playing a long time. thats just my idea and your idea is great aswell ;) 

I feel you on that, but it time spent won't matter, if you deserve to be in the higher ranks, it will be due to having higher kill count than death count in the end, and even if you only play 2 hours a day, you will slowly increase.

The reputation system caters to casuals, and a leaderboard/ranking system is supposed to be competative, not for casuals, so I guess what I'm trying to say is that i personally prefer the more hardcore style myself, even if I can't play 8 hours a day, i would still prefer the leaderboard with K/D/A.

• Thanks 1

I absolutely love this ideal, as I see some good suggestions already. (My personal thoughts) kind like old school DAYZ, where if you where a thug or a civilian, or just a good guy you would get some kind of clothing showing so, and the higher rep you get you could change it somewhere within the clothing for the + side rep, and the - Side rep would have it's own set of clothes. That being said, each set will have many variations, or customizable color variation. Like, Let's say me and a buddy both had -2500 Rep and we have the SAME outfit from being this rep. My favorite color would be blue and black and I could make the set look like that, and his maybe Red and Green, idk. 

Dayz / Warz have there own things, and if you where to go into the direction either went, should 100% throw your own spin to make it some crazy Xera Content that people would strive for. 

Should be a Super RARE Skin set, or Clothing set for people who have been RANK 1 for quite a bit but that's a different suggestion for the future, and hopefully some of my ideals have been helpful or opened some gateways to better ideals! I wanna be able to help the community and game with the best of my ability! <3

• Thanks 1

think it's a great idea. I'm not really sure how exactly reputation system are based but I haave an idea if it would work. You have both + and - reputation. The ways to get + rep would be by either killing - rep people or if someone shoots at you first and you then kill them you get + rep instead of - rep. Gain - rep like usual, just by killing everyone you see with + rep

• Thanks 1

Specifically for a PVP reputation system, my personal opinion is it should be as simple as:

(Kills / Deaths) * TimeSpentOnline

I say "TimeSpentOnline" only because the longer you are online should be reflected in your "skill" for PVP. If you have been online 200 hours and have 1 <= K/D you should be rewarded more than someone who has spent 200 hours online but has a 1 >= K/D. Time should play a factor because someone who has only spent 20 hours on the game has not had as many chances to kill or die, which would affect their K/D ratio. A player should be rewarded for having a 1+ kill death ratio and has spent 200 hours online vs someone with the same K/D who has only spent 20 hours online. As an example, some math:

Hours in game: 200

Kill / Death ratio:  3.1415

PVP Score: 628.3

Hours in game: 200

Kill / Death ratio:  0.31415

PVP Score: 62.83

Hours in game: 20

Kill / Death ratio: 3.1415

PVP Score: 62.83

Hours in game: 20

Kill / Death ratio: 0.31415

PVP Score: 6.283

Over time this system could be abused slightly, so adding something to track the time of their last kill and if it's over MaxTimeAllowed then start slowly degrading their PVP score (an "idle" modifier per se to the algorithm used to calculate PVP score, but would add tracking another variable per character on the server DB as well). 

If you are looking for a "morals" system, that's another story ( what the others are describing is mostly a "morals" system to me but may just be my interpretation of your question )

Edited by K0D3R
  • Thanks 1

Could be fun, i would suggest to pick one of the  proven "popular" ranking systems

• Thanks 1

I think you should be able to go positive or negative and maybe add in some cosmetics based on the rep. Having positive rep killing other positive rep should have a penalty and gain rep while killing a negative rep player.

• Thanks 1

On 8/7/2017 at 7:47 PM, derTisch said:

I dont like that I loved the Rep system in Shattered Skies where if you are a high rep player and die to a low rank player you lose alot more and if you kill a low player you are rewarded less i like that 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1